1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is android for creative people and Iphone for simple ones?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by blimmr, Mar 23, 2014.

1. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    OK.. so I don't know if this type of thread has been brought up before but I've been having a mental struggle with myself.
    So, my upgrade for a new phone is about in 4-6 months and I'm wondering what phone I want. I've been hearing about the Iphone 6 and it looks nice and all but then I like my android and other android phones. I like android because it's so creative and flexible but then I like Iphone because it's so simple and amazing.
    I may have been straying off topic to the point of the thread... but yea. What are your thoughts? Do you think I'm stupid for even thinking of something so childish like or do you agree?

2. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

Your not stupid..

I personally like Android phones but IPhones are pretty rad, too!!

Get what you want, at the end of the day it's only your phone

3. Yosia

I can never decide, i got an iphone 3 but then i wanted a Samsung S3 but now i want an iphone 5C which i will never get XD

I think i prefer iPhone though ^.^

4. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I KNOW RIGHT! Iphone just kill me with how they look so damn nice with their simplicity but then android just murders me with the creativity and flexibility you have on just one object!!! I'm think of just getting the 6 but then.... the moto x and galaxy s5 look so damn nice!

5. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I have the newest Android..It's very nice

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know plenty of creative people that have an Iphone and plenty od simplistic people that have an android phone.

I just made the switch from the Iphone to the Galaxy S4. I love that I can do more to personalize the screens that I could ever do on my Iphone. I also like how you can add storage via a micro SD card.

I would go and play around with both phones in the store and see what one you like the most. Getting your hands on the phones makes it easier to decide what you like.

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bailed on Apple because their phones turned into crap since the 4s antenna and the 5 having defective buttons.

I <3 my Galaxy Note 3

8. Cass

I have an iphone 4
    The android I had sucked so I personally prefer my iphone
    I actually am pretty creative. So I have to answer no. But you aren't dumb for thinking so.

9. Vince

>_> my nook is all the android I can put up with. iPhone is much better. To me I panick because no matter what I do androids feel disorganized.

10. ThePhoenix

All I use is android, the only thing I like from Apple is their macs.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's a "creative" vs "simple" thing. My sense is there are a number of different factors at play.

-- There are many Android devices that are substantially less expensive than iPhones. I know a lot of people that have Androids that would love iPhones but can't afford them.

-- The Android platform certainly has a lot more options for customization, hacking, and configuring your device exactly as you want it. Many of the ubernerds I know have Androids they've hacked the hell out of. (Of course, you can jailbreak an iPhone as well, but you still don't have as much flexibility.

-- Along the same lines, the top-of-the-line Androids are more flexible and beefier hardware (faster processors, removable storage and batteries, bigger screens), making them appealing to the hardcore gadget nerd types.

-- iPhones, like the rest of the Apple ecosystem, are selling a platform that... simply works (ok, with the exception of some pretty major bugs in iOS7.0). And for the most part, that's true. I hear far, far fewer complaints about OS stability, apps crashing, virii, and the like, in large part because Apple controls the hardware and software platforms as well as the app ecosystem. That has good and bad aspects to it.

What I've heard from people who have used both extensively is that the Apple UI is more intuitive and elegant, but simpler and less flexible than the Android one. Of course, given Android's flexibility, some phone manufacturers have built UI mods that are very, very close to iOS elegance and simplicity.

I used to be a hardcore tech nerd and used to build my own computers, tweak my OS, and so forth. I was a Microsoft geek since MS-DOS v1.0 (before Windows 1.0 existed, let alone Win95 or XP) and a CP/M nerd before that. These days, I run 100% Apple platforms. For me, it's a better solution. There's flexibility and horsepower I give up in doing so, but one thing is certain: my productivity has gone up enormously since switching to iOS and OSX-based devices, platform stability is vastly improved, my apps simply work, I'm never frustrated getting drivers or anything else to function... and I'd likely choose to remain in the Apple ecosystem even if somebody offered me unlimited free PC/Android hardware and software.

In short... both Android and iOS ecosystems have their value, purpose, and place for different consumers, but I don't think we can draw any simplistic inferences about the choice of one over the other.

12. 2112

The Apple app store has a lot more apps for "creative people" than the Google app store. Androids are cheaper and more hackable. I like Androids, but I wish I could get some of the apps that are only for iPhones/iPads.

13. Emulator

I prefer the Android OS (easier to hack and tweak), but Apple is more stable, and well, their hardware is high quality. iOS 7 looks great.
    So...it depends on what you plan to do on your phone, and see which functions suit you best.

14. lukeluvznicki13

bahaha xD absolutely love this thread title!
    Most people get iphones because it gives them "status". I have a samsung galaxy s4 and I got it instead of an iphone because it can do more, its a better phone overall and has better features hardware and software wise. This applies to most Android phones .

15. kem

kem

Both have their pros and cons.
    In the end though, the deal is as simple as this:
    Android is for people who want Android.
    iOS is for people who want iOS.

It is a choice, and everyone is entitled to make it without getting bashed or ridiculed. It's not a big fucking deal.

I didn't get my iPhone because I wanted status. I didn't get it because I love Apple. I got it because I thought it looked nice — blue 5C — and it plays well with my MacBook: iCal, iMessage, iPhoto, these little things make the purchase worthwhile.
    The phone didn't cost too much, here in Finland no matter what phone you get it'll burn a hole your wallet, and the 5C cost somewhere between a high-end and mid-tier phone. I'm certain its hardware will handle the software for the next 3 years at least, and I suppose it would serve me well 3 years after that, too. I am a creative person, my tech devices have nothing to with it.

I could have easily gotten a similarly priced Android phone, rooted it and/or put MIUI on it and be equally happy. But iOS 7 looks nice and works rather well already.

Honestly, I find it unsettling that people have such strong feelings about the subject. Live and let live man, live and let live.

#15 kem, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  16. IMO you're less limited with Android as you can do much more.

17. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to say that in general, people who have one of those two platforms generally will stick with the same platform as the two have different ways of thinking. The Android line does have a much wider range of devices, from cheap and low powered to high end, while the Apple line is more restricted. On the cheaper end of the Android phones now, you can expect to find the lack of removable battery and storage, just like the iPhone. Different manufacturers will also have different quality standards. Either ecosystem makes it relatively easy to transfer your apps from one device to another. I started in the Android ecosystem with an OG Droid, upgraded to a Stratosphere that kept crashing, and now have a Droid Bionic that is generally rock solid.

18. Nikky DoUrden

I think Steve Jobs is pretty creative guy, and he had iphone :O

Myself I don't like apple because its over-hyped :grin:

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2014 at 10:22 AM ----------

and that also might be true, I don't think u can see the source code of apple

19. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    .__> Ok I'm gonna veer off topic but wow.. after hearing so much hacking talk I want to learn how to do it lol. Ok sorry, back on topic.

20. Claudette

Claudette Guest

No love for Windows Phone? ;;
    This makes me very sad T.T