1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need aome Serious 'Don't Starve' tips!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by charmander, Apr 3, 2014.

1. charmander

Hello everyone!

Recently me and my friend have decided we want to have a bash at beating the world record of days survived in don't starve, I know it's not likely we will but i believe we have a fair chance! And at least we'll be having fun with it

any tips will do!

(We will be playing the reign of Giants DLC and we will be recording it. If you want to see it on youtube or something just say)

2. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    As long as you have enough to make a fire, and a food resource near, it's quite easy. Some tips I can give you are:
    -If it looks dangerous, don't click it. If you already clicked it, run for your life.
    -If you attack a spider, other spiders will come to attack you. Same goes for buffalos and other mobs.
    -Always have enough wood to make a fire.
    -Bunnies are the easiest way to get meat.
    -If Wilson says that he heard something, it means that hauls are going to attack you in less than a minute, so get ready.
    -Camp as far as possible from spiders. They come out at night, and will attack you if you happen to be on their way.

Good luck! :grin:

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That game is hard as hell... And pisses me off.

4. Ashen

Make sure you have a decent base camp put in a good spot, if I can find a worm hole a decent distance away that's a great plus because they usually lead to some easily accessible and useful resources. Build a science machine as soon as you can, and if oyu can try and get a crockpot before the first night is over. Survive on roasted berries and fist fulls of jam from the crock pot for the first 2-3 days. And get up your resources. Then try and find a Savannah with a lot fo rabbit holes, make like 2-3 traps (any more and your meat will spoil before usage) And check them at the beginning of dusk on your way back form wherever you're adventuring (usually what I do). Gather as much berries as you think you can use without them spoiling (usually keep ~8-12 is a good idea). Putting one morsel and 3 berries in the crockpot gives you meatballs, which restore a shit ton of hunger. And usually you can get a decent amount of rabbits and berries to have a meal of it each night. Building a drying rack to make sure you always have some meat is a good idea too. Spiders are annoying but not too tough, and you need webbing for a lot of things later on. Just keep an eye on your health if you attack their nest, if it gets too low remember you can always outrun the spiders till they get bored. If you find some beefalos or something try and make a basic or improved farm if you can. They aren't incredibly useful IMO as they take so long, but any source of renewable food is good. Hounds usually attack every 7-9 days. But may come later. When you hear them snorting and your character says something is up, arm yourself and get ready to fight.

I think Willow is the best character for a playthrough, she doesn't really have any downsides like some of the other technically more powerful characters do, she has a torch that lasts forever, so you won't ever need to worry about Charlie. And she has the easiest and most efficient way to regain her sanity, just standing near fire (which you make every night anyway). If your sanity does get low though, make a fire ASAP, away form your camp, because when it gets low she will light fires at her feet to calm herself, which could potentially torch your camp. But because keeping her sanity high is so easy, it shouldn't matter.

Final tip, just be careful. No matter how well off I seem to get, I always end up being killed by something stupid it seems. Last time I was doing really well, had just come back from a trip or something IIRC, was trying to pick a flower or something and accidentally hit a beefalo on the head and proceeded to have my skull bashed in when I had low health.... The other time I was killed by my own boomerang.

Anywya, I know that was a bit rambly, hope it helps