1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's an easy language to start learning?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Foxface, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Foxface

and I mean for a beginner...literally my coding experience was making a few programs using Basic way back in the DOS days

2. Haddz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm.. probably php or java. Since they don't require expensive software like the .net environment.

3. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

I like java as a beginning language. Python might be a simpler language for beginners, but learning java would probably make it easier to transition to other languages than python would. Java is also super easy to download/install and get started with right away.

Alternatively, you could start with web development languages, because you get to see usable results almost immediately. That would be html5/css3 then javascript and then some sort of server side language like php.

#3 GreenSkies, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  4. fulcrum

Yeah, Java isnt bad to start with. But Python is much easier just to get the basics down.

5. ThePhoenix

I've only done some HTML5 and CSS so I cant really suggest one but I'm not having a difficulty with them. I