1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon's Dogma

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberblaze, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Emberblaze

Just wondering if there are any fans of the game Dragon's Dogma? Didn't see a thread about it, so I'll cut the tape if any fans of it exist on this site.

I'd SAY it'd be cool to swap Pawns here, buuut, I don't think the mods would allow us to exchange PSN account names here or not?

But, discussion open!

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love that game. The combat is hella fun. I got Dragon's Dogma and later Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I regret nothing. There was so much freaking walking everywhere before that bonus portacrystal. Although I reckon DD helped me to plan things. What type of party do you find to be most effective? Warrior/Warrior/Sorcerer/Mage usually worked for me. I've only played this game offline. It asked me to create a Capcom account, and I was like 'lol, nope'.

I began as a Fighter. I've had fun switching between Warrior (with more attack and less health than usual!) and Mystic Knight. I played some of the other classes for a while to learn augments. For example I played the Strider class for a while because I needed the Leg Strength skill. With a bunch of mushrooms and potions to replace stamina, I usually find myself up close and attacking until the foes drop dead. Or charging an Arc of Deliverance attack. If you get hit you can use the grass that handily grows almost everywhere. I think I carried at least 20 of that at all times. That's despite having a mage with healing skills. I would switch my vocation to Assassin temporarily for most levels up... for the attack power. If I needed a tank I'd use a Warrior pawn.

Did you know you can pick up your pawns and throw them? They'll probably throw themselves off a cliff before you do it though. Be careful at the Bluemoon Tower! Oh, and don't pick up items during battle... the pawns start doing that as well and correcting the behaviour is tedious. Also a pawn once said something similar to "master, tis' has the head of a cock!" when we fought a cockatrice. I could've died of laughter. Yeah, I usually listen to music when I play games... maybe you could make pawns shut up via the options? I forgot. Griffins were such cowards. I always had to chase them before I managed to kill them outright.

3. Emberblaze

Well, I can see I'm not the only one who is a huge fan of the game :lol:

I began as a strider, than when I got to Gran Soren, turned into Mystic Archer, and then used Assassin, Mystic Knight, and Mage for about 4 seconds XD My pawn began as a mage and then I made him a sorcerer for a minute, and now I'm using him as a fighter, which he's much more effective as actually.

I just did the Blue Moon Tower and my friend spent so much time talking about the walk there and saying it n such a weird pawn voice XD. Pawns always have some ridiculous things to say and they're easily my favorite characters in the game heheh. For whatever reason, I love how everytime you get drenched in water, they like to say "soaked to the BONE!" Gotta love pawns :grin:

4. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got Dark Arisen, my pawn is lvl 200 with some epic gear on it from BBI Level 3 gear

5. Ashen

I LOVE dragons dogma.... It's like... Just epic. It's probably in my top 5 favorite games. Probably top 3 actually. I love the combat and the class systems and the skill leveling. I feel like JRPG's have always emphasized versatility instead of there just being one epic endgame pwner. Which I love. I love the whole idea that they gave mages the true power I wanted form them >: D pure fire and destruction and brimstone AND DEATH HAHAHA

... Sorry. Needless to say, I play a sorcerer. I have an all sorcerer party, a bit unorthodox. But it was recommended to me by another player, saying that having so many high level casters, it kinda makes monsters aggro go nuts. Since they usually focus on you as a sorcerer because your casting the "hellfire of doom" spell and standing still. But with so many, it becomes hard to stop even one. And usually all of them fire off. And watching like 40 meteors hit the ground 4 at a time is just... beautiful. I originally wanted to play as a mystic knight because I love combining magic and combat... But they were a bit... Slow. In all honesty if they had made another class like the magick archer that focused more on magic daggers, I would have been on board.

Of course, with it being an RPg, I never touched the pure combat classes. No matter how epic everyone says the assassin is. I used to have my uber save with my high level character... But it got deleted, so I'm starting again. I just gotta say... It's one of the best games I've played in a while. The open world aspect isn't as huge as skyrim.. but it really FEELS that way. Because they did a great (albiet slightly annoying) job of forcing you to explore the world to an extent. MY thing about skyrim is that, during one playthrough I refused to fast travel for RP purposes. And have never done so since because it just makes the world feel so much more expansive and interactive.

Tl: DR: I like dragons dogma and playing as a sorcerer to rain fire and death upon my foes >: D

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love that game. Riding a chimera hacking it's head is fun. I personally like strider best, although magic archer is cool too.

I heard a true sequel is in the works.

7. Emberblaze

If this is true, I will be a PREEEETTY happy person. Gotta love fighting Chimeras, and love it even more with pawn commentary heheh. I think I like pawns way more than most people XD