1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Bioshock Infinite worth it?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by soupycampbell, Apr 17, 2014.

1. soupycampbell

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been staring at it on steam for the past hour and it looks good, but I'm not wasting 30 cheddars on an average game, not a second time. Is it worth it?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You couldn't pay me to play that subpar fps with a glossy atmospheric coating again...

3. katwat

We got it for the kiddo last year and she was disappointed with it. She said it was an okay game but not like Bioshock 1 or 2. I watched a bit of the game play and it really reminded me more of a bad knock-off of FF paired with Riven and cross-mated with one of the Arkham games for a bit of darkness. It just does not have the Bioshock guts to it at all.

4. Daydream Harp

Depends on what you look for in a game. If you want survival horror and deep customization, then it's a no go, but it's still a pretty good action game in it's own right and the story is amazing. It got the best plot twist ever in any game that I wouldn't dare spoil for you, one of the best female characters in gaming with Elizabeth and some pretty interesting themes and ideas going on.

The DLC, Burial at Sea, is also awesome and feels more like the older Bioshock games even if still more action oriented than survival horror.

It seems it has become cool to hate the game for whatever reason, but really it's a matter of "can a good story carry a game for you" kind of deal if you ask me me (and even then the gameplay is not boring by any means).

#4 Daydream Harp, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  5. CreativeLlamas

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've just finished it amd I would definitely recommend it

6. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Yes, it is definitely worth it.

The story if brilliant and the action is really fun. If you like achievement hunting like me, you will get a lot of hours out of this game. In my opinion, this is one of the best games that I have played in recent times.

7. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Best game of last year for me. I'd wait for the Steam sale though, it'll go down to around a fiver and you'll likely see a bundle deal for the Burial at Sea content too.

8. Gwendolyn

Well, my title below my name might make it obvious what I think. Favorite game of all time as of right now. And best dlc.

9. KrnlKrazy

KrnlKrazy Guest

I can recommend it. BUT! It will never be a bioshock game to me. I think Yahtzee put it best, its a story that's up its own ass, but sometimes its ok to be there if they decorate and its comfortable. I am paraphrasing but it can be a 50/50 if you'll like it.

10. Ashen

Bioshock infinite is one of the more polarizing games I've seen in a while. People seem to either love it or hate it.

I loved it personally. It has all the same COMBAT elements from BS 1 and 2. But don't go expecting survival horror from this game... Ever. There is only on level in this game that is dark and scary, and it's near the end..

However, personally I loved the gameplay, combat, and story. IT may have a completely different feel from the story of previous bioshocks, but it's epic nonetheless. If you loved the combat in previous games, and don't mind a change in scenery. I'd recommend it. They changed the combat only for the better, IMO. Running around a battlefield at high speeds on a skyline, making your AI partner open portals to other dimensions while taking potshots and possessing people before coming down to earth feet first on an unsuspecting enemy is amazing.

11. Stripe101

It was really good but then half way through it went all M. Night Shyamalan on me. Good, but not great.

Play the first Bioshock PLEASE! It's an amazing game.

12. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    IT WAS AMAZING!

Not as good as 1 and 2, but still amazing! (Probably still in my top 5 games and definitely in my top 10!)

13. Gwendolyn

Why would you compare it to M Night Shyamalan? Just... why?