1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raspberry Pi Project Ideas

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PinkCammelia90, Apr 18, 2014.

1. PinkCammelia90

Hey everyone,

So I've got a question for the fellow geeks out there :wink: I've had a Raspberry Pi sitting on the side for a while looking a bit sad, and I'm in need of a techy project atm. Does anyone have any fantastic ideas? I'm lacking a bit of creativity lately.

It's got Raspbian 2013 installed and set up, and it's configured to the CLI interface (I want to learn to work with Python a little bit).

Bear in mind: I'm still quite naive about Pis and very new to coding, but very willing to learn! Professionally speaking, I'm CISCO-qualified as a lv2 general technician for Windows PCs, with a basic knowledge of networking at an administrative level, and I'm a long-time user of Linux inc. Mint, but mostly Ubuntu. I'm going to start a lv3 course in September, but yeah I'm still pretty much a newbie.

Any advice, ideas or project proposals would be most welcome!

2. kem

kem

My cousin set a raspberry pi as a media server of sorts: he put a list of shows he follows on it and made it automatically download new episodes whenever they show up, I don't know how he set it up though

3. 696d676179

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've done a radio with one (an old vintage radio and replaced the insides, new speakers, new amplifier, volume/tuning controls change the radio stream) but those are done all the time now. Weather station? Temp/Humidity/Pressure/UV Sensor could all be implemented relatively easily.

Depends on whether you want a software project, a hardware project or something in between.

4. gaynerd64

My class is programming one to be a Gameboy system.

5. RainbowMan

I've got a few Pi's sitting around at home that I haven't had the inclination to do anything with. However, if you need help in Python let me know, that's my specialty :grin: It's fairly easy once you get the basic syntax and can get past the idea that whitespace is actually a relevant linguistic construct (and if you're anything like me, you'll come to love that as much as I do)