1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken iPod

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Anonymous, May 3, 2014.

1. Anonymous

For whatever reason, my iPods ability to turn off or go to home or use multitasking has vanished. I have assisted touch (or whatever it's called) on, because my home button is broken, and for whatever reason, it just won't work. So, i tried turning it off. Nothing. Tried to use assisted touch to turn it off. Nothing. Tried to use multitasking. Nothing.
    A few things to note...

My iPod is a 4th generation.
    I've had it since December 2010, so it's pretty old.
    The screen isn't cracked and it's in relatively good shape (other than the home button not working)
    I use it a lot so this is a problem

I know this is not the website to get advice about stuff like this but whatever

2. Niko

Woah, I have a 4th gen that's in great shape, but a broken home button as well. It lags and it's just not happy anymore. Weird.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it though, I'm sorry. :\ That sounds strange how you can't turn it off, and the assistive touch doesn't want it to go home either? Yeah...try asking google maybe? Or go if you're really desperate go to an apple store, though they might try to sell you a new one.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Have you tried holding down the lock button to turn it off.?

I have a 4th gen. too with a broken home button as well. Well not completely broken, I just have to press really hard but I use the assistive touch instead.