1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really need help on ram

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Darcher9696, May 4, 2014.

1. Darcher9696

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For Toshiba notebooks do you need to use Toshiba memory sticks in order to make them work right with a Toshiba notebook? I seem to have a problem trying get my notebook to have 16GB even the memory is working fine. I got two PNY 8GB PC3-12800 rams and for somereason it doesn't show the usable amount of 15.5GB since 512mb is used for the GPU. It only shows 7.5gb but what's funny is that it shows the total amount is 16GB on my computers specs when I right click on This PC and goto properties. When I have one 4GB Kingston and one 8GB PNY it works fine and shows 11.5GB since it will be 12GB rams.The PNY rams are both low density type so should work fine. The ram that came with the notebook is a Kingston 4GB high density and it worked fine combining with a 8GB PNY low density ram.

If someone can help me on this I would totally appreciate it. I have a Toshiba Satellite btw.

2. Darcher9696

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I attached a PDF file that shows all the specs for my notebook.

Attached Files:

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you're saying the 4GB DIMM works with one of the 8GB DIMMs, try both 8GB DIMMs. (In other words, I'm asking if one of the 8GB sticks is defective?)

If both 8GB work, I would try switching them between the slots.

I've seen really weird shit go down with Corsair memory, but I had a really bad board, and it turned out that was the issue, not my memory.

4. Don

Don Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family