1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone have a dell computer?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ticklish Fish, May 4, 2014.

1. Ticklish Fish

I am currently using a Dell inspiron 15R and sometimes it does the thing where if i leave it charged, it would be suddenly not charging.

Im not sure if it is part of the program to stop charging so that the battery would have longer life, or my laptop or the charging cord is screwed up.

any help would be appreciated.

2. Daximus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dell laptops are notorious for having issues with the power cord not seating properly after a while of regular use.

3. Beware Of You

They have this pointless computer chip in the AC adaptor that "validates" the power adaptor with the computer (so to stop you buying non-dell power adaptors) .

Problem is they are very prone to breaking, and when they break your PC won't charge and the CPU clocks down so it is as slow as hell.

Modern Laptop batteries don't wear out as much from charging, they have improved a lot in the past 10 years

4. LiquidSwords

There are power plans to do with charging on Dell laptops to increase battery life, but once it starts charging I think it should be charging to 100%, not certain though.

You can find the settings Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options, then click Dell Extended Battery Life options, assuming this is in the same place for all Dell laptops. Play with the settings to see if you can fix it, beyond that I wouldn't know what to do though.