1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon Age fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fallingdown7, May 28, 2014.

1. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

We had a few threads for it, but they kind of died out...so....

I wanted to make a new one since the new game is coming out soon.

In origins, what storyline, race, and class did you play as? And if you played multiple ones, which was your first?

Who was your favorite character? Who did you romance (If you did)?

What did you think of awakening or DA2? Did you find them good or bad games? (I've never played DA2 because of the bad reviews haha, but I did play awakening)

Are you looking forward to the new game coming out, and what do you think would be some positive or negatives to it?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I tried playing all of them, but i loved my female Mage the best (she romanced Allistar), favorite character would probably between Leliana, Morrigan or Allistar. I too never played DA2 because of the reviews, despite the hack-and-slash gameplay and i want to play awakening but want to. Yes, i am looking forward to the new game, i think a positive would be the many new and old characters plus the possibility of seeing the Warden and/or the Champion and i think a negative would be the limit of the use of healing potions.

3. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    DA3 looks awesome. I'm so getting it day one it comes out. Maybe I'll preorder.

4. ChameleonSoul

I've played all of the origins, but the first character that I played as was a city elf rogue. I love all of the characters in Origins, but my favorite character by far was Morrigan. I did play Awakening and I also played DA2. Even though I did prefer Dragon Age: Origins, the second game was by no means bad (in my opinion).

I can't wait for Dragon Age Inquisition though. I really like the way they are going to take the game. Definitely preordering it!

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I started as a City Elf (by far my favorite story line if you RP as Lawful Good)
    Ohgren was by far my favorite Character, always ended up Romancing Leliana

2 starts off slow... But I have to admit I was reprehensive about it from reviews, but as the story unfolds it gets pretty good, however it is by far more linear the it's predecessor.

I am glad Varric is making another appearance though

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I wanted to romance Leliana so bad. My first two playthroughs I never got her on my party because I could never find her. I finally got her on my third time in, so we'll see!

7. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only played as human noble but when I finished my first playthrough I want to try dwarf or city elf :3

8. White Knight

I played DA:O, Awakening and DA 2. After Origins nothing good came out of the series other than few token amusements from DA2. Awakening, for me, worst thing Bioware did since NWN:SoU...

My first character in Origins was a Human Mage tho first finished tutorial one was Human Noble. While my favorite class in game was Mage, my favorite origin stories were City Elf and Human Noble.

I like most characters from the game. My favorite companions were Morrigan, Zevran, Alistair, Leliana and Dog. My first romance was Alistair via mod.. tried Zevran couple of times then when Ser Gilmore NPC mod came out Gilmore was my only romance option. Tried Leliana with a female character however in romance she becomes boring.

I think I made my point about Awakening above.

Dragon Age 2 was so raw it tasted soo bad. However over all there were enjoyable NPCs (Isabela & Avaline), now cool looking Archery and raw but interesting stories. After romancing with that emo elf dude once for try out, I romanced with Isabela on every character. While mages also good I fell in love with archery animations so my main was Archer Rogue on DA2.

For DA:I I am not looking forward. While I enjoy but not my favorite game, I am more excited about Sims 4. So no pre-order or no game until it becomes dirt cheap.

From Bioware I am waiting for news about new ME game... now that is exciting.

9. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :icon_bigg
    :icon_bigg you like Sims too :eusa_danc YES!

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'm also excited about the sims 4. I wanted to give DA:I a shot, but since I heard awakening and DA2 were so terrible, I feel skeptical. But I'm going to hope they made a lot of improvements.

11. White Knight

Seems like they did. I watched some developer vids and game seems okay. Writing team is okay but Awakening, DA2 and horrible anime movie hurt so bad I am nearly scared to play that game.

Only negative thing I can say about DA:I for now is, according to trailers so far visuals not to my taste. That might change after playing the game tho'... thougth same thing for ME3 but now think it has best graphics in whole series.

I mentioned Sims 4 because Sims, for me, a game you can play limited time; a month at most for me untill I bang every living soul in neighborhood. I can't be bothered with working my arse off to reach top of my job or grow up children or pets. So a months enjoyment makes me excited more than a full fledged game which is a pity for DA and Bioware.:icon_sad:

12. vyvance

Loved the first Dragon Age. Played a warrior. Spent a lot of time on that. Then DA2 came out, and it was just god-awful. The third one isnt looking any better so far. I'll pick the series back up when it returns to DA1 gameplay.

13. Thedistra

I first played as a Dalish elf rouge. Morrigan was my favorite character, I just found her very amusing. I romanced Allistar accidentally at the end, I bugged the Leliana romance. I haven't played anything past the original DA:O. Haven't been able to convince myself to buy the ultimate edition on steam rather than a whole new game.... It's a waste of a copy of DA:O in my mind. With the bad reviews of DA2 I've been putting it off till I get other games I want first. Excited for the third. Will certainly be getting it after its been out awhile.

14. Akane

Oooh! I like this thread. :slight_smile:

Excited for the new game! O___O Although still haven't gotten all the achievements for D:O and D2.

In Origins, my first character was a female Dalish rogue.

My favorite was first, Morrigan, but then later on the other characters grew on me, I really liked Leliana. But I didn't get to romance anyone because I was wasting my time trying to romance Morrigan as a female. -___- *sad face* And then when I realized I couldn't romance her it was too late to go romance Leliana, but Alister always wanted in my pants. Sigh

I actually haven't played Awakening yet, but as for DA2, I really liked it but I was confused through most of it because I accidentally played DA2 first and then Origins second... I thought it to be a great game, but the only thing I HATED about it was the fact that you couldn't change her voice and also REALLY despised the fact that areas such as caves were all from the same blueprints. No originality to them.

I can only think of how awesome the third one will be, I heard you can be a QUNARI!
    I am expecting a civil war, so that might be a bit annoying but hey, it should be pretty good! Dragon Age has yet to disappoint me, I am trusting them this won't be a flop!

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

da2 was good, dammit

16. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

I liked DA I, played a bi human male.
    Ended up with Zevran though, blew off Morrighan.
    Made sure that annoying twat Alistair sacrificed himself in the end.

I hated the design of arms & armour, looked like LARP, but I liked DA for what it was.
    A decent RPG with mostly well written dialogues.

And then came DA 2...
    Don't even get me started on it.
    I couldn't bear it for more than 2 hours, then I uninstalled and never looked back.
    The writing was absolutely horrid. DA was was okay to good, but writing in DA 2 was... utter shite. In my opinion, anway.

I don't care about DA 3 in the slightest.

17. Empress

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Origins was great. But it's been a while since I played it...

Since I played DA2 more recently and so I have more to say about it and feel the need to defend it: a lot of people seem to hate it but to me DA2 was fun, sure it wasn't as good as the first one, maybe, and there were lots of repeated areas and less decisions etc but it was fun, though it got slightly dull after the first playthrough. Played with sarcastic/charming Fem!Hawke who romanced Isabella the first time around, which was fun (I'm using the word fun a lot, aren't I?) and I feel it was worth the asking price.

I'm confident Inquisition is going to be awesome. I can't wait. As you can see, my standards aren't that high, since I liked DA2, and hopefully they'll have improved a lot, at least in my opinion it looks good so far. :slight_smile:

18. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

LOL I understand how you feel. Wanted to romance Morrigan too, until I learned out it was impossible. Ended up with Zevran in the end.

19. Nikky DoUrden

Why DA3 doesnt look good ?
    Its an open world and I believe they would learn from their DA2 mistakes (I also think it was bad).
    I might wait a bit before buying, but lets hope for the best!

20. Akane

Wow, the "Easy Lover" hehe. It was hard to romance Leliana, I finally found out how with my second character.