1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i still get this gen console or its no more worth it?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by joshy the queen, May 28, 2014.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    im so afraid that im going to buy a xpox 360 now since most games are saying they are going to be a next gen sequel which im afraid means that games like tomb raider wont get on xpox 360 ?:eek: is it true or new games will still get on xpox until Microsoft stops supporting it?
    what you guys think should i still get a 360 im getting it for some new games and also for the good titles it already have and for the upcoming games i cant play on my pc the main reason is for the upcoming games sequels if they wont make it on the xpox then i gusse its not worth buying anymore right? :confused:

2. Tetra

Honestly, I'd say pick up a 360. You can get them on facebook game trade groups in your town fairly cheaply now, and there's a BUNCH of great games (compared to the XBONE, which doesn't have much yet, and is super expensive). 360 has Fable 2, Skyrim, Halo, Left 4 Dead, etc. There's so many great games to play, it'd 100% be worth your money.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Xbone is the most expensive console on the market at the moment, and there aren't many games for it yet while 360 has hundreds. If money's not an issue I'd say go for the Xbone, otherwise: Not worth it.

4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You guys are right i will go along with the 360 ^^ since its cheaper and i barley can afford the xpox one
    I hope they make the next gta on it though -.-

5. 741852963

Yeh, get the XBOne later down the line if you want when its half price and the games are cheaper. I've always done the same with consoles, bought a PS2 a few years after release, and am tempted to buy a PS3 now since they are quite cheap.

Good gameplay and an immersive story are always more important than graphics in my opinion. And I think the last-gen consoles really reached the point of realistic looking visuals so the PS4/XBone are only slight improvements. Compare the leap from PS1-PS2 or PS2-PS3 which were massive step ups in realism*, to PS3-PS4 which is more a "tweaking".

*There were some stunning looking PS2 games though which are exceptions to this. FFXII comes to mind.

6. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you can get one second hand with a few games for £75 or less then I'd snap one up. You'll get plenty of mileage out of the back catalogue and the console will still get new games for quite some time.

7. Princess Danica

Well... Microsoft just announced a $400 Kinect-less Xbone bundle, dunno when it's coming out but there's that to look forward to eventually. Um, but may I ask a fair question of you? The 360 came out almost 9 years ago... why don't you have one already? I know it's not the cheapest thing in the world but still, 9 years should be plenty of time to save enough to get one lol. I'm not judging you or anything, I'm just sayin' I'm surprised you're just now looking to get one.

8. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well i had a ps2 and wanted to stick to it but now i decided to get this gen console :slight_smile:
    edit : btw thanks guys for all the suggestions i will be buying soon i found a really cheap one at a store and with a kinect two controllers and 120gb hard drive
    but i noticed that its white arent the white fat ones only old models and the black elite is different and doesnt have the red death light whatever its ?
    should i get the black or the white
    the store told me its the same and that this white model is new but it looked the same fat one we all know while the black looked different
    should i listen to the guy and buy the white or buy the black cause im sure its the elite as the other one is the same fat old one or its a new model i dont know about are there white elite models anyway ?

#8 joshy the queen, May 31, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  9. Princess Danica

If it looks like this: http://images.pcworld.com/news/graphics/153200-xbox360_original.jpg

Instead of this: http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content/uploads/edgeonline/oldfiles/xbox 360 slim_0.jpg

OR this (BRAND NEW from last year model): http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/zUsgumRaXHI/maxresdefault.jpg

then don't get it. If its the first, dont get it. old old old, red ring of death. 2nd and 3rd should be okay

10. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes it was the first one the white fat he told me its called the arcade version
    i will get the black elite with the 250gb hope its the same price with the kinect

11. Sotv

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had every playstation console, most nintendo consoles and most xbox consoles and I can tell you now that I could have just had an xbox the entire time and been happy. Personally I am into campaign orientated games and xbox games, in my experience, tend to be more campaign orientated e.g. Bungie's Halo trilogy, Elder Scrolls and Gears of War (as maintstream examples). I have an xbox 360 but not an xbox one and do not intend on buying one because xbox has enough games to last you a very long time, especially if you play with friends IRL.

Then again this may just be because I enjoy xbox games so much I will quite happily play the same games repeatedly for the rest of my life... im a bit sad really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Elitist says: you mean last gen technically.

And while I'm a playstation fangirl, you really can do no wrong with a 360 still.

13. Richie.

I honestly don't know how much better games can get really. PS3 xb360 are already power houses, until 4k TV's become affordable I see no reason to upgrade. Personally. But if you want to future proof yourself go for the newer console but the old gen have a good few more years left in them.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Problem with ps3 era is games are not rendered in 1080p which is what a ps4 does. 4k TVs are irrelevant. The infrastructure and the technology for generating the graphics aren't really there yet.

So aside from resolution, consoles need to work on dynamic environments and persistent weather and unscripted animations as a result to physical interactions and collisions.

15. Richie.

I've never been able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p apart from an initial price increase with TV's

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Up scaling from native 720p is not the same as true 1080p.

17. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would get it because 1. The price should have been reduced by now, 2. It has a larger category of games compared to its successor and 3. It doesn't have any of the draconian limitations that MS has put on XB1. I think by now, that the system's famous Ring of Doom issue even has been fixed.

18. Unkempt Harold

Have u played fallout 3, bioshock, mass effect, oblivion, red faction, dead space, dark souls, dragon age, metro 2033, saints row 2, xcom enemy unknown, crackdown, borderlands, trials, left 4 dead?

If not, maybe get a 360 x). All those games are between 5-15 bucks.

19. Kat 5

The guide screen on the 360 lags like a mofo, but otherwise, it is a good console.

20. I think consoles are dying out and PCs are where it's at. PC games are cheaper and one PC fits all games.