1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paper Mario *spoilers (kinda)*

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Polterpup, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Polterpup

So, I'm playing the original Paper Mario. Again. For the third time. I did enjoy this one because there was no crazy heart breaking thing at the end like the other three in the series! I've beaten them all, except for TTYD, which is the first one I played and my favorite. But stupid queen douche at the end is like freaking invincible! Literally, for the beginning part of the battle! So stupid...I read a bit on how it ended though, so I kinda know. Then there was SUPER Paper Mario which started to really irritate me...sure, the 3D features were cool and the references to the Wii loading screen and the "I AM ERROR" and even the storyline was stupendous, but the gameplay itself really, well...sucked. It wasn't turned based! But I have to say, Dimentio was freaking boss...as was the playable Peach, Bowser, and Luigi feature. And I also ship Dimentio and Luigi. They're so perfect...but enough of that. Onto Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Um...what the hell, Nintendo?! You bring back the turn based thing, yes, BUT I HAVE TO USE STICKERS TO BATTLE?! NO! JUST NO! And I really hated Kirsty in the beginning too...she was too "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! HELP ME FIND ALL THE ROYAL STICKERS!" But she did grow on me. She's actually one of my favorite Paper Mario characters. Behind Koops, of course. With his cute little band aid on his nose. And we can't forget Lakilester, the "badass" Lakitu who calls himself "Spike". That was just precious! And Dimentio, as I have previously mentioned. With his twisted ways. I just love that psyco jester! Oh, and Bow the Boo. So cute. So lady-like. Yes, amazing. I...I'm done with this. I really want to play Paper Mario now. Gotta go kick some King Koopa butt!

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think the original was best. I loved the plot and companions, but the others aren't bad either.

I share the sentiments on Kirsti, she came off as a bitch to me and I had a hard time playing the game with her there, but at least she becomes more tolerable.

I actually kind of liked the sticker idea, I think it made the game unique (even if it got frustrating at times).

But the N64 version will always win above all :icon_bigg

3. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can we have a whole thread devoted to the N64 version. That'd be so perf and I'd love it. Ah!!!! anyway, enough fanboying :lol: On my first go-around, I was able to collect all of the Star Pieces except for ONE. One more Star Piece and I would have been able to get the last badge from that frickin' guy who would sell badges for star pieces. It was a Flower Saver and I had a measly 19 star pieces and couldn't, for the life of me, find the other star piece (it was 20 to buy.) Anyway, I would search high & low for that star piece and find nothing. Years later, I thought I would come back and search for it but I found out my neighbor stole it (along with our ENTIRE game collection) and pawned them (well assumed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Anyway, I downloaded Project64 and a Paper Mario ROM to thoroughly beat the game. I did beat that game, collected all the Star Pieces, obtained all the badges, beat Huff n' Puff more efficiently (Smash Charge (1FP) in combiination with Bow's turn-Mario-invisible (2FP) then Hammer Throw when your down to like 2 FP.)

4. drumdreez

My favorite of the series was always the Thousand Year Door, though I love all three. Super Paper Mario was definitely the weakest game in the series, in my opinion, but I still liked it. They're just fun games to play, haha. I've beaten all of them multiple times, definitely one of my favorite game series!!