1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Mario Galaxy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Polterpup, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Polterpup

So, I've recently been playing Super Mario Galaxy again. It was the second game I got for the Wii (Mario Party 8 being the first but it kinda sucked). It's really enjoyable and I finally beat it 100%...with Mario. I have somewhere around 50 power stars right now with Luigi. And I really like how they made the not playable Luigi in the game be all like "You're me?" That was pretty cool. As for the game itself...I personally think its a one of a kind. I don't think the second one even compares to it (although I do like the a yoshi feature). That's not to say I don't like the second because I really do. I just think the first one is 10 times better! My favorite characters in Super Mario Galaxy had to be the Toad Brigade. I mean, they all had such amazing personalities! Especially the captain. Too cowardly to help his crew...oh well. I like them so much I'm even gonna make a comic revolving around them! But...that's not for here, is it? So, what are your experiences with the game? Oh, and just a little thing to add in here. Um, for those of you who have the second game, go to Shiverburn galaxy and look up on the cliff. See that? Yeah. Hellvalleyskytrees. Or something like that. Pretty scary as hell, Nintendo.

2. Andres

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I could say the 2nd one and the first ones are tied for my favorite game! Why tied? Because I can't actually choose xD (These kind of games like Mario sunshine and 64 are my favorite). What I liked about the first one was the ship where you chose the levels, I love the concept of doing that; it makes the worlds feel connected. However the 100 purple coins at the end really made it kinda repetitive at the end.
    The 2nd one I loved the challenge and since I'm a big fan of games about exploration, I loved the green stars! However I didn't like the linear fashion of chosing levels, sure it made getting from world 1 to 8 easier and faster, but as I already said, I like when you actually have to go somewhere else to choose those levels. Also having to get 9999 starbits to be able to do the last level was annoying since I had to re-do the level with the rock powerup about 100 times to get that quantity. It's supposed to be easier if more people play since you all can put the starbits in the bank and collect 9999 "faster" but my brother doesn't like those games so I was screwed xD

In the end I loved those games and probably will replay them one day :grin: Also I love the character Rosalina. My favorite Galaxy might be Rainbow Road one in mario galaxy 2 and the ghost one in the first one (where you had to fight the rockshaped boss)

3. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's such an incredible game! I've played through it a number of times. I'm still undecided on whether I like the first or second better, but I do know I love them both. Also, it introduced Rosalina, who is my favourite Mario character. Also, the Hellvalleyskytrees are terrifying. I used to like that level, but I'm always on edge with it now.

Also, I'd love to see that comic if you get round to making it :grin:

4. BornAnew

THIS GAMEEEE!!!!

Absolutely love it...one of my best games of the last generation for sure :grin:

And the Good Egg Galaxy theme is one of the best pieces of videogame music EVERRRR!

5. Polterpup

Ugh, Bouldergiest...I hated that daredevil run. Actually...I hated all of the daredevil runs. And as must as the purple coin comets pisse me off, I think they were my favorite. Although I hated the one in Freezeflame galaxy...I could never find that 100th coin. I don't even remember where it is now...eh...ya know what? I think Cosmic Comets are my favorite. Ironically, the one from Freezeflame. I just loved skating in that game...I'm so boss at it. XD back to Ghostly Galaxy or whatever it was called...I think they put Luigi in the haunted mansion to be ironic. That was pretty cool, personally.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2014 at 06:11 PM ----------

Private message me and I'll link you to my deviantART. I dont have anything posted because I lack a functioning computer (using my iPod), but I'll get there eventually.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2014 at 06:12 PM ----------

Private message me and I'll link you to my deviantART. I dont have anything posted because I lack a functioning computer (using my iPod), but I'll get there eventually.

---------- Post added 8th Jun 2014 at 06:18 PM ----------

Mmm, yes. I love it so much that I now can play it on my flute. But that flute solo in the middle of the actual piece is out of this world. (see what I did there?)

6. Andres

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

LOL of course they would put luigi there, I was like "oh finally a refrence I get" xD