1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Cosoles?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by confusedasever, Jun 10, 2014.

1. i have the xbox 360, and i've noticed a lot of people hating on the xbox 1? i've been considering buying the xbox 1 since i've started with a 360. i've looked it up and i see no problem with it? what's so bad about it? :tantrum:

2. KrnlKrazy

KrnlKrazy Guest

Ok Hun, you seem new so I'll break it down. Microsoft and there conduct towards gamers has been really bad. Originally the system wouldn't let you play after 12 hour if you didn't go online no matter what. Microsoft has kind of improved but overall they've been just putting there foot in there mouth. Sony has actually been doing mostly good this gen. They have strong line of games and have indie games come out I between the big AAA titles. Those indie games usually being free with there plus service. They have had 180 from last gen. But it's all preference really. Xbone is the family room condor while ps4 has videos and movie, it's all about the games.

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well for me i prefer the ps3 over the 360 but since the 360 is cheaper and the games are also cheaper than the ps3 games so i decided to buy it
    as for xpox 1 and ps4 i would say if you can afford the ps4 buy it i think its better than the xpox 1 microsoft always wants you to update and go online and pay money to play games online trust me it gets annoying sometimes and the ps4 have more exclusive games than the xpox as far as i know
    i had a ps2 and i can say after 5 years i still play on that thing and there are still some servers for some games and its FREE !
    if you want why not search for yourself and see ps4 vs xpox1 see what other people are saying and see what both consoles have to offer and buy the one you think that suits you most

4. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say go with what YOU want. People will say get this or that for whatever reason, but go with what interests you. For example, I'm huge into Nintendo, which nowadays is becoming slightly niche within gamers. I have no end of fun because I like what I play and I play what I like. If everyone did the same and stopped worrying about policing what is the "right" kind of video game to play, then I reckon gamers in general would be a much happier bunch.

5. Kat 5

Yeah. People try to tell me what to like. I tell them to stick their controllers up their butts and get a life. Freaking fanboys.

6. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hate on the XB1 isn't well founded anymore. However, a few months ago people had reasons for disliking the XB1 ("hate" is a strong word to describe most people's attitudes towards it imo because their opinions did have a basis in actual, legit reasons to dislike it rather than just attacking it for no reason whatsoever, which is hating on it).

Microsoft originally had a lot of DRM measures on XB1, meaning you effectively couldn't share games or sell them second-hand because once used they would be tied to a console. XB1 wouldn't let you go online after 12 hours as KrnlKrazy pointed out. They also had the XB1 and Kinect bundled, which raised the price well above PS4 and was a bit of a bummer for people who didn't want the Kinect anyway. Also, some people just didn't like the design, seeing it as too bulky, big etc. I wouldn't call that "hating" on the XB1, because people had legitimate reasons for not liking it.

Now, Microsoft have reversed all of those measures, so most of those reasons don't apply anymore. So now the PS4 and XB1 are roughly the same, there's nothing "bad" about the XB1 - there never was since people should be free to purchase what they want - but MS's measures this gen have left lots of people distrusting them. I'm not telling you what to buy, I'm just providing some context as to why the XB1 has received so much criticism.

If you're considering buying it, there's no reason why you shouldn't if you feel that is the best console for you :slight_smile:

7. twosoups

Xbox, in my opinion has better titles. However, the company has turned to crap. I'm purely PC now.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Real easy.

Playstation only!

9. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    360 has a much greater library of games than the One. But, getting a Xbox One would be “investment” for the future since the 360 will eventually die out. I got the PS3 for some exclusives like the Last of Us. I tend to find more people are on the xbox for multiplayer, while Playstation has clearly superior exclusives.