1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My original Xbox feel off the shelf...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaynerd64, Jun 15, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I couldn't get my television to recognize my Xbox so I thought the AV had cable came disconnected. When I pulled it out to check it I lost my grip on it (It's heavy) and it fell, taking my Dreamcast along with it. I caught the Dreamcast (The more valuable console in my opinion) but didn't catch the Xbox so it landed on the floor. Luckily it is a durable piece of shit and started up perfectly.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The original Xbox wasn't quite as durable as the PS2 (that thing is a brick and a half) but it is pretty tough. It had some absolutely amazing games as well.

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Young me dropped a gamecube down the stairs and it was fine. Consoles used to be beasts, now I feel like the laser readers mess everything up if you tilt it a decimal degree off for a nanosecond.....

4. Gamecube was a tank! I dropped mine down the stairs, fell off the shelf because of my nephew, literally got kicked around quite a bit and it never gave up once! N64 was even tougher!

5. BelleFromHell

When I was 10, I spilt a ton of Fanta on my DS lite. Ironically, it was right after I got a Nerf case for it. It was totally fine. Apparently, the case was pretty liquid-proof. :grin:

---------- Post added 15th Jun 2014 at 07:24 PM ----------

Gamecubes are indestructable. As for N64s, I got one last year from my cousin in Florida. It's survived a trip across a state line, moving to numerous different buildings (with all of my mother's crap pilled on top of it), and a fall from a one story staircase.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

*brings gamecube to frontlines in vietnam war*

*plays fine in 2014*

7. BelleFromHell

Gamecubes are like the Nokias of videogaming.
    [​IMG]

8. Unkempt Harold

game cubes could not be destroyed by anything short of a nuclear bunker buster

9. DarkClarity

The Gameboy Advance was really sturdy. I've dropped mine numerous time, accidently scratched the screen a lot. I think it still actually works although I don't where I've put it. I hope it hasn't been accidently thrown out.

10. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Newer consoles are more susceptible to breaking due to blu ray optical drives and harddrives among other things.

11. Beware Of You

My Playstation (original) was dropped onto concrete when I moved, didn't affect it at all