1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wrote a program for an Apple II!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaynerd64, Jun 15, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

As part of a video I am making I wrote a fake time travel program for my Apple II. The point of the program is to ask what year the user wants to travel to and then give background on that era. Being a 30 year old machine it didn't want to save the program onto any of the floppy disks but it finally managed to after half an hour of trying different floppies.

2. mangotree

Sounds great!
    Apple II was one of the first computers I ever used.

3. starfish

You should look into ADTPro. It allows you to use a modern computer as the storage device, so you don't have to futz with floppy disks.

ADTPro - ADTPro Project Page

4. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting sounding project!

The Apple II series was one of the first computers I ever used. I took computer programming in high school, and we used the Apple II line. My 12th grade year, I was able to start regularly word processing on an Apple II. While the RadioShack TRS-80 was the "first ever" (starting with a Color Computer in 6th grade), the Apple II was the first that was really a part of my life.

I saw a former teacher when he was about to retire. He said he still used an Apple II of some sort in class sometimes. Students would react with something like Wow! That's older than me! And he'd say that it was also older than some of the teachers on staff.