1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paper Mario

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberblaze, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Favorite Paper Mario Game

1. 64

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. The Thousand Year Door

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. Super Paper Mario

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Sticker Star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Emberblaze

This is just like the Mario and Luigi thread, except for paper mario heheh.

Because I just recently got Sticker Star as well, and it's definitely not my favorite one heh...

My favorite will always be the thousand year door! So, share your thoughts heheh

2. Eye Shine

My favorite is the thousand year door as well. I loved having the sidekicks and sometimes I liked using them more than Mario. I loved my baby Yoshi XD

3. Emberblaze

Yeah, Yoshi was my most used ally ever XD the worst thing about sticker star is the complete absence of allies >_<
    I look at the box and see that it's paper mario and I'm ready to play it! Then I turn it on and there are no allies and I'm just like, nooo.....

4. Eye Shine

I'm pretty sure I have sticker star as well but the lack of allies didn't get me into it as much. What color did you make your Yoshi? I made mine blue.

5. Emberblaze

Heheh well when I was a kid, I didn't know what factor influenced yoshi's color. Most the time he ended up black heheh. But on my most recent file, I made him my favorite color, red :thumbsup:

6. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I liked the story from Super Paper Mario best. Count Bleck needs a hug!

7. Emberblaze

Yeah, even though I haven't finished the game (I'm mostly done), the story is probably the best one in the series. Stick Star's plot so far seems to be really...nonexistant... (granted I've only put like 15 minutes into the game)

8. Hatsune Miku

Stick Star's plot is about as flat as the mainstream Mario games

also SPM is my favor PM game

9. Polterpup

Definitely TTYD. Gosh, Koops just stole my heart! And Goombella was kick ass! The only partner I didn't care for was Flurrie. Scary naked chick. And, I could be seeing this wrong, but it looks like Mario is squeezing her, um...breast to make her blow. OH GROP THAT SOUNDS AWFUL! Anyhoo, I did enjoy the other games in the series as well. 64 was pretty boss because it was the first one. And I really loved Parakarry in that game. He was so bad at his job...and Watt was the most adorable partner in the game! I'm pretty sure she was a baby, right? I think that's what I read online. And Lakilester was my favorite character in that game! He tried so hard to be badass! "Spike", heehee...Super Paper Mario's story was boss. Best story in the game. Made me cry a bit...although the gameplay was meh...the 3D feature was overrated and it overcomplicated things. And Sticker Star just pissed me the hell off. I mean, Kirsti was a bitch (even though she grew on me to where I actually kinda liked her) and the whole fighting with stickers thing was cool...until you get to a freaking boss battle and you don't have the right stickers or enough stickers! I never had the right stickers for a boss battle and to top it off, I got to the final section of the fight with Bowser and was short by like TWO stickers! I died and had to start over! But, I have to give that giant blooper boss some credit. His hits that were timed with the awesome music made it so easy to block. Although, Mario's attacks didn't stay with the beat which threw me off...hmm, maybe I feel to strongly about video games.

10. Hyrule Wayfarer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have only played super paper mario on the wii so far. I have heard that The Thousand Year Door is very good and I cant wait to play that version. I also have a 3DS so Im looking forward to playing that one too :slight_smile:

11. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    TTYD>Super >64>Sticker Star
    TTYD is awesome. Fun fact: Vivian is actually transgender in the Japanese version. SPM was... weird. Weird art, weird gameplay, weird 3D gimmick. It had a good story and it was fun. 64 was also pretty fun.

Sticker Star has a fun combat system and witty dialogue, but it was also pretty confusing. Where do I get a bowling ball? Why are baseball bats so expensive? Why?

#12 An Gentleman, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  12. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really liked The Thousand Year Door. In fact, I think I ended up liking it more than Super Paper Mario. Don't get me wrong, they both were great games but, TTYD was so much more immersive.

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2014 at 07:47 PM ----------

I wish nintendo would have made Mario an optional character to play as. I know it was supposed to be his game, but he wasn't of the same caliber as his allies. It especially annoyed me that if he died the game would end.