1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Xbox One worth it?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JackAttack, Jun 28, 2014.

1. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Mainly for those who have an Xbox one, is the console worth buying?

Im so tempted to go and buy one but I have a few doubts in mind. First its quite expensive, there are quite a few negative reviews about it (as well as good ones) and there aint that many games out for it yet.

2. For now it'a not worth it IMO. My brother bought one at launch and he barely uses it as he's always on his 360.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Use that money towards a PC instead. Honestly, consoles aren't worth it anymore, at least to me. Everything that comes out for Xbox especially is usually also on PC, allowing you to better customize settings, use the developer command prompt if things get screwy, and install mods.

The notable exception is Halo though. I bet it's going to be sick.

4. 741852963

Not at the current price.

I've read that you can self-build a better gaming PC for a little more than the cost of an XBoxOne. Even if you buy a gaming PC off the shelf the difference in the cost of new-release games would surely mean it would pay for itself in the long run? Plus, a PC is a PC, it has more uses (can be used for work and play).

So yeh, it depends how desperate you are to play really. You can either wait for the XBoxOne to drop in price and play the games second hand or at dropped prices (which is what I normally do with consoles), or just invest in a gaming PC now.

5. Well he was asking about the xbox one but I fully agree with this. PC's are just the best overall

6. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It will be in a year or so, pretty much all games coming out on the One are coming out on the 360 this year. Plus the graphical drop between the two are nominal. I’ll would wait about this time next year to get one, bugs will be fixed and any hardware failures will be known. That’s what I’m going to do with the PS4.

7. Mr D Gamer

I have the Xbox one and I can honestly say it doesn't matter if you have it or not, but I enjoy it and play it everyday, if you can't decide wait a bit longer till the slims come out.

8. lowkey

lowkey Guest

Halo 2, and halo 5, gears of war, kingdom hearts, assassins creed. nuff said.

xbox one will last ten years before a new console is made. im deff buying one and babying it

9. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought one on release day but mainly because I liked some of small features like picture and picture, having the tele on when playing makes me feel less alone haha.

10. the gypsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No 'PC Gaming Master Race'.

The XB1 is worth it if you're into FPS, doritos and mountain dew.

11. ABeautifulMind

I am waiting til the price drops again, and then I will get one on black friday. I am hoping this next black friday actually.

12. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'll get one soon, but it sounds like it's not worth as much. i'm on my xbox 360 haha i think i'm good with that. i'll wait for the price to go down and buy it then =P
    i'd say around now they're still dealing with technical issues that aren't still resolved yet (remember when 360 and ps3 first came out?)

13. Kat 5

Get it when your most anticipated game comes out.

14. Candace

My cousin has it. He told me that he just switched back to his XBOX 360 days later and just returned the XBOX One to the store where he got it :lol:. It's up to you. I mean, what would make it better than an XBOX 360?