1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need laptop help

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Foxface, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Foxface

So...I recently found a delightful virus on my system (2 days ago)

Stats:

PC: Lenovo V750
    Malware: Malwarebytes
    Registry cleaner: CCleaner

I cleaned it, quarantined it and deleted it

I rebooted my system and upon return it would do like always and ask for Windows login which it accepts. It then goes to a black screen and nothing.

I boot into safe mode w/ networking and it works perfectly

Under safe mode I run my virus scan and malware again. No errors detected and no viruses detected.

So then it goes for several hours where I power down the computer manually and power on. So here is the important bit

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I log into the computer and it takes me to the login screen with no issues. I login and and it opens (desktop, wallpaper and all)

But I notice something. The whole time, the WiFi icon shows it is still loading. Then if I try to even hover over something or double click something it's an absolute freeze.

Then the Windows Needs To Shut Down error comes in. I click ok and the screen goes to black. i power down manually, log in and same thing. Over and over

On VERY rare occasions I can get it to load and work but only if I start the system, log in and then click wifi off manually. Even then it doesn't always work

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So last night I gave up and went to bed. Before doing so I went logged on and just let it sit for hours. Woke up and still problems.

System restore to earlier date failed
    Chkdsk /R said no problems
    Windows startup repair said no problems
    Memory repair said no problem
    Disk repair said no problem

SOMEHOW I got it to login this morning...hence I am posting to you

any other ideas? I can't imagine I have HDD damage. When I boot into safe mode it works like a charm without a single problem

Any ideas welcome...thank you

2. Foxface

UPDATE: I attempted to create a restore disc and a restore image. Both failed with unknown errors

3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do you remember the name of the virus at all?

Could be worth having a look through the task manager processes tab for anything dodgy too.

4. Foxface

Thanks for the start

I have looked through all the processes and I have found no processes or startup/boot executions that are anything out of the ordinary.

I really am stupid as heck. When I ran antivirus I never looked at the stupid name of the virus. Just that it had something to the tune of 43 viruses

I cleaned boot/startup and no good.

I am terrified...but I am going to attempt a reboot now...which scares me to death but here goes

I can still edit

UPDATE again

So I rebooted FINALLY without having to try 50 times or having to power down manually...so far so good

#4 Foxface, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been in a similar situation as this. I've tried a ton of anti-virus protections in the past such as, Trend Micro, Avast, Norton, etc. The only anti-virus that has kept my laptop virus free is Kaspersky.

Though sadly, the only thing that has been able to fix my problems similar to this is reformatting. It's a last resort, but it's what does the job.

6. Theo022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The best anti-virus is Kaspersky or Bitdefender, but if virus already dmg your windows you should reformatting.

7. Foxface

thanks to all...love you guys

So far I have rebooted three times and it seems to be working...I am going to get Kapersky I think

8. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok great! Good luck! <3