1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think technology and gaming will become this advanced?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Yosia, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Yosia

Do you think we will ever get something such as the NerveGear from Sword Art Online (obviously it would be safe though) and VR games? I kinda really want them lol.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's theoretically possible (which it is) then there's no reason why it shouldn't happen eventually. Especially since our brains run on electrical signals, we could manipulate our senses directly and create a Matrix-like experience without even having to stick a rod into our cerebellum. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Katbot

Sure! I mean, we have tech like the Oculus Rift now, so with a bit of funding into both hardware dev and robotic/AI development, then I dont see why not. Maybe house hold VR consoles wont be available in the next 20 years, but at some point then of course! I just hope I'm around to see it to be honest! VR is the coolest thing, I really hope I get to try it out some day!

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Of course, but in due time.. maybe not in you're life time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Only joking, with technology advancing at such a fast rate, it will be here in no time :slight_smile:

5. Candace

I think so, but I mean, they predicted in the 1960s that we'd have flying cars in 1999. Obviously that didn't happen, so you just have to give it some time. Who knows?

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with flying cars, though, is that physics disagrees with them. Even with all the energy in the world, you still need jets in order to get it off the ground and some sort of reaction wheel maneuvering system or thrust vectoring at least. And we have vehicles that do this already.

That's unless of course we find something like Mass Effect's element zero that basically flips the bird to the rules and lets us cruise around with relative ease, but I don't see that happening soon.

With immersive simulations though, there's really nothing stopping us except for the progress of neuroscience and computing power.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really bummed out about the flying car thing. I love those new Fiat 500s that are out, but I'm holding off until they come out with the Jetson's model.

Also, I'd like The Jetson's house, for that matter, as well.

8. Ticklish Fish

well, let's think about the ethics and whether government would pass this haha.

9. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Yess, technology can only keep growing, and at an exponential rate. Eventually we will be able to place ourselves (mentally) in games, but that too can come with it's own set of problems. Not that it wouln't be awesome, I would totally like to try it.

10. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm really excited for that kind of virtual reality. RPG and MMOs in general would be a million times more entertaining. Hopefully, when they reach that tech, they'll be able to cut the death side effect out of it.

11. Yosia

Hopefully lol. Although id much rather die in action in the game instead of say, getting hit by a bus.