1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Problems

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by prussianblue100, Jul 21, 2014.

1. prussianblue100

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. So, anyway, I normally use Mozilla Firefox. It doesn't cause too many problems and I even got an ad block on there. The thing is, sometimes it just won't open. I click on it a few times and it looks like it's gonna load and open up, but it just doesn't. I wait a few seconds. Nothing happens. I click again. It looks like it's loading. Nothing happens. See the problem?

I'm not sure if this has something to do with audio I uploaded onto my computer from a YouTube video. (If that makes any sense...) Mozilla had no problems then, but after that, it has problems and it seems like it only opens up when it feels like it.

I could use Internet Explorer, but the problem is I don't have an ad block on there. It works great for the first few minutes or so, then there's mother :***:ing ads popping up at me. They usually say something along the lines of "WARNING: Bla bla bla, something about updates" and it keeps trying to download shit onto my laptop. I try to close stuff, but eventually it keeps coming up again and again. Then, it starts asking if it will let me download the thing that is about 550 KB with the options, Save, Run, or Cancel. Eventually, I'm going to have to give in and I really don't want to. Plus, I'm afraid that if I do give in and download something, then it will just be asking for something else later.

Plus, I'm on Internet Explorer right now, so the pop ups are bound to start coming soon. Then, the only way to close is to reset my computer. And Mozilla still won't do its job and open. :bang:

Ugh. It's so irritating. Anyway suggestions? :help:

2. PICollins91

My Firefox has been acting up recently in a similar manner since they started with the Australis design. Although if you have YouTube audio playing while it's loading (if that's what you meant) that might also cause loading issues. I also notice you mentioned you have a laptop, how old is it?

3. Greeley

I can assure you the audio has zero effect on why your firefox wont open.

The next time this happens. go onto task manager

(Ctrl + alt + del) and then click on the "Process" tab and find something thats similar to FireFox on the list. if its on there but still doesnt do anything when you try to open it, click on the process and press "End Process" then try to reopen it.

It sounds like it may have a bug when it automatically updated. See if you can update it again, there might be a fix for it with a new quick manual update.

4. Candace

I've had problems in the past with Firefox too. What I can tell you to do is to stop running other things that you're not using at the moment (and which would slow down the computer altogether). Also, it doesn't hurt to try restarting the computer, just to get it to wake up a bit. Have you tried that yet?

5. prussianblue100

I downloaded YouTube audio from ListenToYoutube. It was for a future video, but I wasn't playing it when Mozilla stated acting up. My laptop is about one and a half years old, I got it on the Christmas Eve of 2012.

Okay. I'll try that and see what happens.

Alright. I'll close this and restart it. Then I'll try Greely's idea.

And also, I found a way to stop the Internet Explorer ad problem. It asks every now and then before the ads pop up, "Internet Explorer only shows secure content." And then, I just close that and no ads. If Mozilla won't start working soon, I'll have to switch to Internet Explorer. Thanks for all of your advice.

6. PICollins91

Then it's definitely the Firefox then. Actually mine just locked up again earlier, you have to do what Greeley said and end task in the task manager menu. If that doesn't work you might want to try Google Chrome, that's what I'm on right now and things seem to be working a bit faster.

7. Yosia

Google Chrome is best!

8. Nikky DoUrden

happened to me couple of times.
    it sometimes get stuck, IMO because when u close it, it actually takes time to close, and for some reason 'locking' u from opening it again (not sure, just speculation).

what i do in this case is ctrl+shift+ESC, go to Processes tab, and end the FF process. then it should be working again to open it.

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2014 at 11:43 PM ----------

no its not!!!