1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it immature to still LOVE video games @38

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ashanti, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Ashanti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi,

I'm a total geek and love playing video games...
    I'm 38 and still enjoy them as much as i did when i was 21.
    Rugby does not interest me like all my so called "Cool" friends talk about it....
    "Watch the game last night" is all they ever talk about.
    They say it's childish to play video games and geeky and uncool....

Your thoughts...

2. Sabot Kitty

No, video games are a medium of art; those who believe that mediums of art are limited to only a certain age group should not have their opinions respected by anyone.

3. sonia98

I'm 15 but my plan is never to stop gaming! I try to get my "cool" friends to join me and honestly they are usually pretty terrible. Don't be afraid to be a little immature or uncool, it just means you don't stick to the status quo which IS cool!

4. Jenna0780

I don't think so, but that may just be because I, too, love video games. Some of them can be very visually stimulating, and beautiful, such as Okami. You play as a wolf in Japan, who runs around dispelling evil from a demon and eventually saving the whole region. What's more childish than playing a video game as a puppy dog!? But the art work is fantastic, and I could spend 200+ hours playing it over and over again, and not even feel remotely bad about it.

5. Candace

I don't see why not? Surely video games must have some nostalgic value to you, right? So basically you have to give those up forever because of your age? Do as you darn well please and love video games! :grin:

6. Sitri

I remember asking my grandmother for help on video games when I was younger. My 67 year old physics teacher had Oblivion on his computer. If they're not too old, you certainly aren't.

7. Samantha2014

Hey Ashanti
    I like to play video games, sometimes I don't get time because of work and the kids but when I can, I play. Sometimes I meet up with friends online and we play the game together which is even more fun. its a great way to zone out and chill.
    and whilst your friends are just 'watching' at least your involved in 'doing' something.

8. PICollins91

When we just had a GTA game where you play a middle-aged Dad with family problems who needs to see a psychiatrist I think gaming has come along way from being something childish. Whether it's cool or not to play videogames doesn't matter because coolness is purely subjective. I'm sure there are many who would say Rugby isn't cool and Hopscotch is what the real cool people play.

9. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well the way I see it, video games are just a specific form of escapism and relaxation.

Plenty of other things serve the same purpose. Film and TV, for instance. Reading. Listening to or making music. Painting or drawing. Writing.

I'd therefore have to conclude that I don't think it's any more childish to play video games than it is to do any of those other things, some or all of which most of us partake in into old-age.

10. TurtleCat

I don't think it is at all! I grew up on video games and still play them at the age of 25. I hope to continue to play them well into my old age.

To me, video games are just another art form, as valid as movies, books or television. Why should I give up on something that's an expression of art? Especially nowadays, when there are so many innovative games with deep storylines out. It's also something that I enjoy and that provides me relaxation and comfort.

I don't think liking video games or any sort of recreational interest for that matter is really an indication of maturity, or lack thereof. I think the mentality and behavior are more reflectors of maturity.

11. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hells no. I love video games and can't imagine myself growing out of them. In fact, I'm going into video game development at college.

12. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Not at all! I you love them so what! I love them too I just haven't played In a Really long time(I can't find my charger for battery packs cx ) yea I know huge age difference but so what, I mean it's ok to live for video games but take time for other things too ^.^

13. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think as long as you don't become addicted than you should be fine :slight_smile:. I enjoy some games. I just got minecraft which is pretty good. I find them fun especially when I am hella bored.

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Anyone who views playing games as immature in general is an idiot

15. 101DeadRoses

I know of a group of three men, the youngest of whom cannot be younger than twenty five, and the oldest of whom has to be at least forty-forty five.
    They love video games, inappropriate comedy, and goofing around on the internet.
    Two of them are really attractive as well. Except Bruce. He's... not.

16. Gallatin

No, it's not. I fully expect to love video games when I'm that age, and much older than that, too. :slight_smile:

17. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm 18, and I will be a gamer for the rest of my life, or until Valve and Gearbox go out of business and they stop making Touhou.

18. Kat 5

19. AlexTheGrey

I'm actually trying to figure out which game to play next. Just finished Tales of a Symphonia Chronicles. I may have to manage my free time more, but I don't think games (video or not) will ever stop being part of what I do.

20. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not immature.