1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destiny (I know you were thinking about it!)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by wolfxinxchains, Jul 24, 2014.

1. wolfxinxchains

The demo is freakin' awesome, right?
    okay, so my big bro preordered it and I decided to play the beta. I made an awoken male hunter and I love how the eyes glow so bright!
    Of course, the graphics aren't that great, but it's only a beta, so it can be forgiven.
    one of my favorite things is how the ghost talks to you, and if you get close enough to a civillian you can hear them talking. or atleast talking to you.
    One thing I hate so much is the darkness. In some areas, the darkness, even at full brightness, you can barely see anything. of course it could also have been the tv, but it was still dark.
    I also like how the story is multiplayer/co-op but you can play around others, even if you're not doing the same quest. So it makes bthe world feel realistic. not just a bunch of AIs walking around.
    And don't forget the emotes.
    god I love the emotes.
    It's cool to be able to interact with others and mess around, even without a mic.
    so enough of what I think, what do you think about it?

2. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Just started playing the Destiny Beta and im loving it. I like how the whole game is basically multiplayer. Its like Mass Effect and Halo in one.

Im temepted to buy an Xbox One now for when Destiny comes out.

3. Gwendolyn

The graphics aren't that great? Perhaps you've played only triple A games, but even so the graphics are great.

4. wolfxinxchains

What I meant was in contrast to the final graphics, there was a video I saw where the graphics were photorealistic of two guys IN BUNGIE that were showing some sneak peak game play, in comparison to that video, the graphics are not as great, but it is reasonable for a beta that will (I'm just guessing) will have 1,000s of people on at a time. if not, atleast 100. since there are a number of different 'rooms' or 'servers' for the seperate areas.

5. I'm just glad that it's announced to be released on pc. lol

6. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Iv only played the Beta on 360 and I think the graphics are good. Im tempted to pre order this game now, its so good.

Just played a multiplayer level where you have to fight some tank. The level took ages but it was a lot of fun.

7. wolfxinxchains

Iv only played the Beta on 360 and I think the graphics are good. Im tempted to pre order this game now, its so good.

Just played a multiplayer level where you have to fight some tank. The level took ages but it was a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. definitely. some enemies are way too OP for one person to take on. and I'm making a new character and trying to play all the lower level stuff without help. my big brother preordered it, and the game is pretty amazing but gets a bit boring if you have no goals.

8. Gwendolyn

In regards to the photorealistic graphics, you sure that wasn't just prerendered?

9. AlexTheGrey

Bungie hasn't been a fan of pre-rendered stuff in ages. They will use it, but only really in intro sequences. They are really good at walking the uncanny valley without falling in though.