1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How worked up do you get when playing really intense video games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RayXxx, Jul 26, 2014.

1. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Sometimes when playing video games, I just get so anxious and uptight. I end up finding myself cussing like a drunken sailor and getting pissed off at myself and the game, especially when I keep dying over and over. Lol I even start sweating sometimes, mainly when playing on really hot days.

Do any of you ever experince this when playing video games?

2. PICollins91

I do get pretty worked up at games sometimes, usually with a profanity-laced rant while playing. Sometimes I get to the point where I just want toss the disc out the window especially if it's something stupid like a malfunctioning camera.

3. Kat 5

I am a sailor when angry. When I am just bearely winning, I almost stop breathing. I also trash talk really hard when i win with a whopping 200 points ahead of second place.

4. gaynerd64

Since nearly %75 of the games I own are vintage I have to resist inflicting damage on them out of frustration.

5. PrettyConfused

I don't really get worked up when playing games. I guess when people rage it's annoying but I usually just accept human nature xD
    When I play with friends though it's just all laughter and making fun of each other :grin:

6. Au.Quicksilver

I'm the opposite. I start laughing and smiling!

7. AlexTheGrey

I get worked up a bit, it depends. If it feels like I was close to getting through a hard area, it is worse than if I just made a stupid mistake. Usually when a game has me wanting to do more than drop the occasional curse, I find something else to do.

Having to deal with a 30+ min boss fight in Persona 3 just to have it heal to full right as it is about to die? Gah! I actually sat down and beat it anyways in that attempt. But I had a good number attempts before that, or about 2-3 hours just figuring out how to get through the last bit of health.

8. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ill admit, I've broken things on a few occasions when I was younger when I repeatedly died on some games.

Happy days :slight_smile:

9. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I can get pretty angry, especially with Fifa. I tend to swear a lot.

10. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I get mad playing black ops if I lose every round I haven't played it since I threw the tv on the floor cx haha luckily my tv didn't break hahah cx

11. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Black ops, really?
    I can get pretty annoyed playing TF2 but I tend to stay relatively calm.

12. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't normally get worked up, but I can get pretty frustrated hah. I'm usually pretty patient with games (maybe because I'm used to playing a lot of stealth games?) but often times I get so immersed in the game that I forget there's an outside world and even something as dumb as a pen falling can make me jump.

13. Emulator

Very. I get sweaty palms when I do so, and sore hands from grabbing the controller too tightly.

14. TurtleCat

Haha I used to go crazy when I'd die over and over in a game. I've calmed down a bit though.

15. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It really depends on what game I am playing. There are a number of reasons for a game to make my palms sweaty and me curse like a sailor. Thankfully, I don't often play those types of irritating games.

16. Candace

I usually get really mad if I come so close to winning in a game like Mario Kart :lol:. I won't throw the control like a 10 year old with a temper tantrum but I will be like :tantrum:

17. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I'm having a tough boss battle, I might start breathing more shallow because I'm trying to focus, and my heart rate will go out the window. If it's too fast and I can feel it beating in my chest, I'll try to pause the fight and breathe deeply and get my cool back, then resume. If I'm underleveled and keep losing a battle, I sometimes squeeze the controller in anger but I've never thrown it before. It usually only happens when I'm under a time limit and have to stop playing soon. Also, when I'm keeping track of sidequests, weapon stats, things I need to do, etc. in my head, I tend to ignore anyone who tries talking to me until I can write it all down to not forget what all I need to do. I can be pretty bad sometimes. XD

#17 Tai, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

As a kid, it varied. But I could get a little tense, and unleash a verbal barrage of obscenities.

Now, sometimes. It usually only happens if, the game "glitches" out and doesn't register, say, a hit or shot. This especially happens in wrestling games, which too many people take advantage of, and while I can't knock them for it, it is irritating.

I don't get too cocky, but I do like to have a good time, if I'm doing exceptionally well. I'm not going to seriously put you down, but I will exchange witty banter.

I think the last time I got, even remotely pissed, was when I was playing Warriors Orochi 3 on Chaos difficulty. I was curb stomping one side of the map, while the person I was playing with, was doing his own thing. I wound up clearing my side, then asked him, if he wanted me to come over there and help. He said no, he had it, so I decided to rush towards the enemy commander to, hopefully, end the level...

... a few minutes later, he and I meet up where the enemy commander is, and we're fighting. He says his health is low, and I tell him, to back off, and let me kill the enemy commander. We're too close to risk us losing... well, he goes into Mr. Macho Bravado mode, by rushing at the enemy commander...

... one hit, he dies. All that experience, all the collected items/weapons, all discarded.

I asked him what happened, and he tells me: "I can't stand it, when I play with others, when they beat the level."

Yeah...

19. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Armored Core 2 was the game in which I had been the most intense evar. When I beat, without using any exploits myself, the toughest AI that used all the exploits available to the human... I felt pretty awesome. Narrowest of victories and it was still one of the best duels I ever fought in the Arena area. My heart was hammering afterwards. 'Never had I been so on the edge of my seat.'

20. TabletopFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't swear or cuss, but I do rage for a fair bit if I die in the middle of an intense game, and realize that I haven't saved in the past hour or so.