1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube help please!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by OneProblem, Jul 27, 2014.

1. OneProblem

Saskatchewan ____________________ eheh get it? ;D
    So I always try and record games but whenever I do I always get down about it not being good enough whether it's my voice or even if it just seems too boring. So I'm sort of coming here for some guidance on what I should do. I am always watching this guy named Robbaz and he is basically my main source of inspiration. I have the computer, a decent microphone, and enough games but I can never seem to like it whenever I am recording. Also another reason is whenever I do get the courage to actually fully upload something, it always ends up with me taking it down mostly because it only gets two views, so why would I even keep recording if nobody watches. This is all so I hope you guys read the whole thing thanks!

2. Gen

Gen

The beginning stages of putting out content is awkward for everyone. You will never find yourself as interesting as others. I have maintained personal blogs in the past and, while I have always tried to make my content entertaining, it still surprises me that I accumulate the amount of views that I have in the past. As long as you are entertaining yourself in making the content, there will be people out there who will receive an equal amount of enjoyment.

Every content creator will receive lackluster views when they first start out. This is the time to genuinely discover yourself as a creator. Consider this: how would it feel if your first video actually received a thousands views rather than two? It sounds amazing in theory, but it would be immensely intimidating to receive attention for content that you haven't even become comfortable creating yet. Conversely, imagine the enjoyment that those few viewers could have received from your content. It's easy to get caught up in the numbers, especially on a site such as Youtube, but it's important to keep things in perspective.

Additionally, I believe there are dozens of videos on Youtube about starting a channel and advice on gaining more views/subscribers. It might be a good idea to become a bit more knowledgeable on the types of things to expect when first starting out.