1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing skyrim nonstop

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by whereamigoing, Jul 27, 2014.

1. whereamigoing

I'm at my uncles and i am sleeping over. he has an xbox and skyrim. i don't have skyrim. so before he went to sleep at ten thirty i asked to play and he said sure.. so i started and made a new character and followed the beginning. but then i just decided not to picj a army so i just wandered until i got to winterrun and did all the quests there plus a bunch of other side stuff. my title in game is now Lord Jay thane of winterrun, pledge to the companions and the dragonborn. I'vebeen playing for around 5 hours straight. i think i need to buy this game. so what are you're crazy skyrim stories?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I have several characters on Skyrim. Each one has a different play style, which allows me to play, depending upon my mood.

Gwen Shatter-Shield
    Race: Nord

Major Skills: Alchemy / Enchanting / Heavy Armor / Two-Handed
    Minor Skills: Block / Restoration / Speech

Play Style: Basically, I run in, I crush skulls, then I leave. Alchemy allows me to always have money, as I can create and sell high-quality potions, which is funneled into raising my other skills. Smithing allows me to forge and alter armor, while Enchanting allows me to have better equipment. Heavy Armor is to soak up damage, in the event my Two-Handed prowess doesn't put them down first. Restoration is always useful, in the event you need to pull back and heal, as well as for the passive Magicka regeneration perk. Speech is to buy cheaper, sell expensive, and to be able to invest money into vendors, allowing me an easier time of selling.

Selena Sidrey
    Race: Breton

Major Skills: Alchemy / Archery / Conjuration / Enchanting / Sneak
    Minor Skills: Light Armor / Restoration / Speech

Play Style: Basically, I Sneak in, shoot the enemies with my bow, and then raise them into my undead army, which then proceeds to attack any remaining foes. As the enemies are too busy dealing with hordes of their formerly deceased comrades, I pick them off one by one, with my arrows. Obviously, this makes Archery a necessary investment -- even better, conjured weapons gain experience towards their respective type (Conjured Sword is One-Handed, Conjured Battleaxe is Two-Handed, and Conjured Bow is Archery). Conjuration is to be able to summon creatures, like Dremora Lords and elemental Atronachs, that can serve as great support or distractions, or raise the corpses of the non-living into a massive zombie army. Alchemy is, again, to make money and funnel into raising my Enchanting, for better equipment, and Speech (since higher prices equals more Speech experience). Restoration is for healing back up, as well as the passive Magicka regeneration perk.

Ma'liik
    Race: Khajiit

Major Skills: Alchemy / Enchanting / One-Handed / Pickpocket / Sneak
    Minor Skills: Light Armor / Restoration / Speech

Play Style: You pretty much, by now, know the deal with Alchemy and Enchanting. No need to repeat myself. One-Handed is to use daggers, while Sneak allows me to, well, be sneaky. It also allows me to double 15x damage, with a certain perk. This is very nice. Pickpocket is to allow me to, well, pick pockets, which grants me great items to use towards enchanting, or to sell to various vendors. Later on, you can steal equipped weapons and items, even unique ones. Also, since I'm investing in better potions, you can even place them in people's pockets, obtaining a stealth kill. Light Armor is for protection, while Restoration and Speech are, well, you already know.

Iniel Spellwatch
    Race: High Elf

Major Skills: Alchemy / Destruction / Enchanting / Illusion
    Minor Skills: Alteration / Restoration / Speech

Play Style: You already know about Alchemy and Enchanting. Destruction is the primary method of offense; Fire and Shock, but no Ice, as almost everything in Skyrim takes laughable damage from Ice-based magic. Illusion is a nice back up, in the event you want to cast a spell, and cause someone to go berserk. It can also be used to calm people down. You can, basically, make people go mad and have them struck down, by townsfolk or fellow comrades. A very easy way to get someone killed, without obtaining the bounty (and if your stealthy assassination skills are terrible). The best part, a certain perk in this increases the damage of fire-based spells. Alteration is worth investing in, for the Atronach perk, which allows you to absorb a decent amount of magical attacks. If you use Wards, then you'll be able to absorb the magic to add back to yours. Restoration, again, is used in the same manner, only with one exception. You'll want to invest in the perk Ward Absorb, too, to stack this effect with Atronach. Again, Speech is for better prices.

As for crazy stories. Well, with my Breton character, when I did the Dark Brotherhood questline, I made sure to stock up on Grand Soul Gems. This way, when I assassinated the various targets, I kept their souls in Soul Gems. My house in Windhelm has all of these stored away, just for a sort of macabre sentimentality. When you do the murder quest in Windhelm, and discover the killer's identity, I took the killer's clothes, and placed them on one of my mannequins. The other two mannequins were for two key figures, who you are capable of slaying, at the end of the Civil War Quest. It's all for decoration, and it fits the theme of the character, who is a Daedra-worshiping vampire.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I miss Skyrim. I was really addicted after I got it for over a year...and then I didn't pick a side between the Stormcloaks/Imperials before I was supposed to and the quest I was on glitched. I've tried everything I can think of but it looks like I'll probably have to start over.

I don't really have any crazy stories that I can think of. Except the time I was playing at like two in the morning and my roommates started recording me because I kept yelling things like "Come back, I'm trying to kill you!"

4. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I played a lot of Skyrim for a while. It was pretty enjoyable, but I got bored after a while. It's a little strange, but I have a lot more interest in the design of games than actually playing them. I love watching other people play though. I spend more time than I would like to admit reading up on collision systems and game physics, lol. That's just how I am ...

5. kem

kem

My character is Goliat, a lv. 40 Redguard mage. I've played less after I finished the main quest.
    Alteration 54
    Conjuration 70
    Destruction 74
    Illusion 69
    Restoration 60

dualcast firebolt, 2-cast firebolt (as in one in both hands), everyone dies because 500 mana

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite Skyrim story is a common one, but a great one nonetheless. I'll be traveling along with my vampiric companion (Serana <3) and some two-bit highwayman comes up and tries to rob me. When my character has just wiped the dragon blood off his greatsword while looking like this.

I love just telling them to scram and if they don't, gleefully beheading them.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

every dragon skeleton glitching out including one that sometimes randomly decides to twitch out of the ground in Markarth and no one cares unless it is about sweetrolls