1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaystation? Why not make my own!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaynerd64, Jul 29, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I just read about the auctioning for a "Gaystation" (Rainbow PS4) in the news section. Since I don't have the money for even a straight PS4, I thought maybe I could buy a used PS1 and modify it to have a rainbow case and gay pride appearance. Thoughts?

2. BelleFromHell

That sounds like an awesome idea!

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd go with a ps3 myself because they are relatively inexpensive now (under $200 used), most of the great ps1 games are available on psn pretty cheap (I paid $10 for final fantasy 7 bout three weeks ago), and they will probably keep releasing new games for at least the next couple years.

Whatever system you decide to make rainbow it is a fairly elaborate process.

First you have to physically disassemble the entire thing because one drop of overspray in the wrong place could disable the system (ps3 uses the totques screw that has the dimple in the center).

Next you need to lightly sand the surface to "scuff" it so paint will stick.

Next you need a primer designed especially for plastic otherwise the paint may not stck and you will get spots of the original color shining through.

Then if you want to go rainbow it will take quite a bit of time. And if you want to mimic the little character in the center then it will take even longer. The process is pretty much the same for both though. Basically you would paint the entire thing the lightest color (yellow?). Then let it dry and get the good blue masking tape and tape off the part you want to stay yellow. Paint the entire thing orange leave the tape already in place there and tape off what you want to remain orange.

Repeat for Lt. Blue, green, blue, red, and purple. After it has dried remove the tape.

Wet sand the entire thing lightly with 1500+ sandpaper to remove any runs.

Hit it with a couple coats of clear and then polish the surface.

Finally reassemble the machine.

Edit: I wrote all of that then remembered they sell stuff like this for ps3 and Xbox 360 http://www.handhelditems.com/mighty...n-controller-skins-rainbow-wave-p-102016.html

#3 redneck, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014