1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polaroid 220 land camera film

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Phoenix92, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I got a Polaroid 220 land camera at a garage sale on Sunday, and it is in full working order, but it just needs film. Does anyone know where I can get it?

I know that it takes type 100 film, but all I can find online is fujifilm type 100, would this work with my Polaroid?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fujifilm 100 is regular color film that you take somewhere to have developed. The Polaroid 220 uses special Polaroid film that self-develops into a print (there's no negative).

Unfortunately, Polaroid stopped making the film and basically went bankrupt a number of years ago. However, I remember reading about a group of Polaroid enthusiasts who got together and arranged to have small batches of the film made. This is the company:

https://www.the-impossible-project.com/film/

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stand corrected.

Apparently Fuji started importing their instant camera film into the US in 2011 (my info was from an old article from when Polaroid went belly-up, prior to that.) I've read some conflicting information, but it appears that the FP100-C Fujifilm *may* work. (Just make sure, if you try this, you get Fuji FP-100 instant film, not Fujifilm 100, which is a standard color negative film that definitely won't work.)

If you want to know for sure, I'd email the folks at the impossible project. They know all the Polaroids inside out and will be able to tell you for sure.