1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Anyone Else Dislike 'The Last Of Us'?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BornAnew, Aug 1, 2014.

1. BornAnew

Seriously do not get what is so amazing about this game!!!

I thought it was pretty dull, mediocre & had a poorly paced plot! Does any one else think so or did you all love it?

Now the PS4 version is getting like 10/10s from IGN & other sites...ridiculous imo!

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wow, i loved it but didnt lay it just saw a walkthrough of it, what did you not like about it?

3. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Whaaat... Give us some examples of games you did like because I thought TLOU was absolutely brilliant. o___o

4. BornAnew

The gameplay got repetitive and the plot lost its lustre 3 hours in for me. No other reason really. If a game is story driven I expect an amazing story which it didn't give me. In general I find post apocalyptic games really bleak though....I got sad playing Fallout 3 for more than half an hour for example haha.

From Naughty dog themselves Uncharted 2/3...some of the best games of last generation! Then I like my platformers (Mario Galaxy), point and click adventure games (Phoenix Wright, Secret of monkey island) & RPG's (Oblivion, Final Fantasy etc.).

5. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    From the ones you've mentioned I've only played Uncharted 3 and Final Fantasy XIII-2, I really wanted to enjoy Final Fantasy because the graphics and everything are absolutely gorgeous but the combat of the game bores me so that was disappointing >.<

I rarely check out games with male protagonists but I'd read good reviews about Uncharted so I decided to check it out but I couldn't really get into it.

And I'm not into platform or point and click games at all, so different tastes I guess hehe~

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    what about skyrim? i haven't played oblivion have just seen walkthroughs of it but its freaking amazing especially with mods

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I didn't hate it, but it definitely didn't live up to the hype for me. Partly because I found the gameplay repetitive and partly because I'm not and never have been a zombie fan.

8. BornAnew

What other games do you enjoy? It looks like we have opposite tastes!!

FFXIII-2's combat is awful thats why :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: . They made it too easy....I got so bored of that game! FFXIII had a fun combat system. FFVI is a really good one to get into :slight_smile:

I got Skyrim but my laptop couldnt play it without lag LOL. So I'll rebuy it when they release a PS4 remaster! I played Oblivion on PS3 so without mods. It's one of my fav games EVER! haha

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

probably because game review sites and journalism at large are a huge joke so anything that manages to tell a 1/3 coherent story with good graphics amd characters that have dialogue these days is POWERFUL....... AN EMOTIONAL JOURNEY..... A MUST PLAY......GOTY! plus Naughty Dogs name on it

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I didn't like about TLoU was its lack of subtlety. By how much Joel was like "Ugh, just get this jabbering twit away from me and gimme my money" you know they were going to be like father and daughter by the end. And minus a surprisingly good ending, that was the story.

The game was something special though. You have to admit the visuals were slick, and the animations among the most natural I've seen. It was linear, but sort of "semi-linear" in that it was a string of separate open areas where you were free to plan your way through. It reminded me a lot of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (another keystone game for me) in that respect. Granted Sam Fisher is ten times the badass of Joel and Ellie put together, but that's sort of the point. It absolutely nailed the atmosphere of barely hanging on, surviving minute by minute in a city that can only be described as "magnificent desolation."

It's not perfect, but I'd give it a comfortable 9.5/10.