1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I Find Hillarious

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

So, there are people complaining about how in DA:I There is a gay male companion called Dorian. Apparently, Bioware wants Dorian's sexuality to define him by "shoving it in people's faces." These are the points people have come up with :

1. Why is Bioware putting gays in the game eww!
    2. Bioware is pushing some social agenda onto us, waah waah!
    3. Why is Bioware shoving the gay down our throats!
    4. Bioware are desperate so they all want us to care about the companion's sexuality.

Not only have they not done any of this, it's the Media that's "shoving it down your throats" not Bioware, they mentioned it once and then there was a sh*t storm. Also, there's a lesbian rogue companion but no-one seems to care about her. Does anyone else finds these arguments ridiculous, stupid and immature?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You just described probably 90% of the population. I don't exclude myself either; I have my moments.

Generally speaking, people just can't handle it. But all we have to do is keep the pressure up. Equality and acceptance are winning, and BioWare is near the front lines. Their dabbling in DA and Mass Effect has been great and mostly tasteful depictions of LGBT.

3. TabletopFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't say tasteful. I mean they basically changed Anders from a straight guy to a bi one in DA2 despite his entire backstory from DA:O. Also, I'm pretty sure I killed Anders in the first game, and he still managed to pop up in my playthroughs of DA2 with an imported save. Well, didn't stop my male Hawke from romancing him I guess (well I basically romanced everyone in different playthroughs).

Anyway, that's just my gamer side ranting :tantrum: I still applaud Bioware for promoting LGBT equality. We gaymers need loving too :lol: