1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best ps2 game in your opinion

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by joshy the queen, Aug 15, 2014.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok so this goes for people who were during the 6th generation of gaming especially those who bought the ps2 and kept playing on it for years and know most of the games that got on it
    if you are or you are not whatever just say what was your best game on the ps2 ??
    also some games are really cool but some people think they are lame but you think they are the best games
    some games are underrated so people dont buy them too
    so tell us what are some of your best games on that console ^_^
    mines are : Tekken 4 5 and tag
    gta 3 san andreas and vice city
    need for speed all of them
    king of fighters maximum impact 1 & 2 & that third one which was an arcade port
    simpson hit & run
    dynasty warriors 3 4 5 6 and warriors orochi 1 & 2 and also samurai warriors 1 & 2
    soul calibur 2 & 3
    mortal kombat all of them
    and many more i cant remember the names
    also i was wondering one day i went to shop and they offered some free time to play some ps2 games their so me and my sister did he gave us a fighting game i dont remember the name though and it was like in a tekken style fighting or something its fully 3d though also the game had stunning graphics when one of the players is going to die you can finish him off like in mortal kombat but only by throwing him or her into something to get smashed or the head get off or whatever that happens i wonder just what is the name of that game till today :icon_sad: the store closed a long time ago and i dont know where to find the game googled endless times but never knew what the game was :tears:

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Kingdom Hearts, is what comes to mind. I really enjoyed that game, and I didn't think I would, because I was under the assumption, it being Disney, it wouldn't be that good. I was wrong. While I like some aspects of the second game, to me, the first is slightly better.

DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, is another fun game, that I really enjoyed. Huge roster, interesting story mode mechanics, and some awesome music.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 is, still, to me, the best Naruto game, in terms of roster. While I enjoy the newer ones, they cut out some of my favorites: Anko, The Sound Four (Jirobo, Kidomaru, Sakon/Ukon, Tayuya). It also had the bonus of Drunken Fist Rock Lee (or Loopy Fist Lee, as he was called, in the English-release version of the game).

Wild ARMs 3. Basically, a Steampunk setting, where the planet is dying and ancient Gods are involved. Your band of four must wander the world, solve puzzles, and combat a mysterious organization that, seek to use the power of Gods, to terraform the planet for their own means. Great music, awesome characters, and challenging enough to give the game longevity.

Wild ARMs 4. This one is a little more linear than 3, but that doesn't take away from it. The story is pretty cliche, at first, but it picks up. The third game is about cherishing time and friendship, and always sticking together and by your beliefs, as difficult as it may be. The fourth game is about idealism vs reality, which is embodied in the youngest member of the party, at 14, and the various adult figures you meet. You, again, have a party of four, with the oldest being 19, the second oldest being 17, the next 15, and, of course, the youngest is 14. Each of them have their own experiences, with growing up, especially the 19 year old. The battle system is difficult to describe, but it is really strategic and fun. Fun Fact: I teared up a little at the epilogue.

Final Fantasy X. While I don't much like the main character, Tidus, he is useful in combat and when playing Blitzball. Other than that, it's all about Auron, my favorite character. The world is great to explore, the theme of religion overarching over the world is interesting, and defying the traditional expectations of this world is fascinating. I love the battle system, and the mini-game (Blitzball). Wonderful soundtrack, too.

I'll agree with you, OP, about Dynasty Warriors. I've been playing them since, well, 3. My favorite, in terms of delivery, would be 5. I also enjoyed Samurai Warriors 2, as well. So, of course, I enjoyed Warriors Orochi 1 & 2.

3. Princess Danica

I'll cast a vote for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Twas a great game that attempted to do alot of cool things at once. Alot of people still consider it the best GTA game to date.

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shadow of the Colossus, no question. :slight_smile:

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    MGS3 : Subsistence.

Nuff said.

6. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts (2), and Final Fantasy X.

7. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't played Final Fantasy, but the other three are my favorite games. Kingdom Hearts 2 is very nostalgic for me because it was the first KH game I played, but I think KH1 had better/more diverse content and features. (BBS had even better gameplay, but that's not for PS2.)

8. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Time Splitters: Future Perfect. I really liked that game.

9. Candace

Simpsons Hit and Run!! Hands down :grin:.

10. TabletopFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My top picks are FFX and Kingdom Hearts :wink:

11. Jenna0780

I second that.

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    San-Freakin-Andreas. 3 and Vice City really put GTA on the map, but San Andreas is where they perfected the formula. It had its rough parts in terms of execution, but theory-wise, 10/10.

I'd probably say MGS3 is up there close with a similar examination. And much more Japanese weirdness lol.

13. 101DeadRoses

GTA SA really was my favorite. I have the health cheat still in my muscle memory.

14. I thought GTA:SA, Kingdom Hearts, Okami, Metal Gear Solid 3 were pretty great

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    R1 R2 L1 X left down right up left down down down. Full health and body armor. I also still sort of know the ones for eliminating wanted level, and spawning a few vehicles and the weapon sets. Good times.

16. stormborn

add Persona 4, and there is my list :lol:

17. PICollins91

My top five:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    -----------------------------
    I love the other GTA games on said console but to me this game captured the look and fell of '80's action cinema like no other. Lightning in a bottle, the missions, the cast, the music, the location, everything was just right with this one. Every mission feels like a mini-episode of Miami Vice.

Silent Hill 2
    ------------------
    Instead of a more traditional cult oriented story like the first game (which was a masterpiece in it's own right in case you think that was a slam), this one opted more for a slower, more surreal psychological thriller angle with a heavy David Lynch influence. Akira Yamaoka's score coupled with the intense fog, heavy grain and algae-colored tint gives' the game a distinct look and feel even separate from other games in the series.

Hitman: Contracts
    ----------------------
    Why this one instead of Blood Money? BM may have the most exciting features of the series (you can off someone with a falling piano in that one) but this Hitman amps up the mood into horror film territory, sets us off on a noirish rain-soaked journey through Agent 47's messed up psyche traveling the world eliminating the darkest, most depraved monsters you could think of. The game is gritty, ruthless and unsettling and worst of all (I mean that in a good way) ... real. The game has a Tom Clancy approach to it's settings and scenarios much like Silent Assassin did even using some real life locations such as the Hotel Gellert in Budapest and basing some of the targets off of real figures such as Franz Fuchs. It gives the game a whole new level of creepy once you realize they didn't just pick this stuff out of a hat.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
    -----------------------------
    As you probably can tell by now I like dark, moody atmospheric games high on realism and tension. This game is tense, atmospheric, Amon Tobin's score sends chills down my spine and the whole scenario of Korean war still holds relevance today. Not only that but this game truly opened up Splinter Cell's gameplay and fixed minor quibbles from previous ones. Everything is polished and the controls are smooth. You feel like you are in complete control and in only a few cases you can do the missions anyway you want.

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
    -------------------------------------
    This was a tough one as the first game had a dark, twisted sense of humor along with a dark plot that went from doped-up mob fiends to satanic cults and government conspiracies that made it a blast to play again and again. But to me this game really polishes the Max Payne formula and captures the essence of Film Noir perfectly. James McCaffrey hit it out of the ballpark as Max here and the dark, brooding story of double-crosses and an uneasy alliance with the Russian mafia is well-written and way better than the script for the mediocre film adaptation of the first game which really speaks to how far videogames have come over the years.

18. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tales of the Abyss, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater are for me the obvious choices.

19. BornAnew

Holy trinity:

MGS2 (yeah liked it more than MGS3)
    FFX
    GTA:SA

20. JustJJx

Tony Hawks Underground ^_^