1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Final Fantasy game?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Yosia, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Yosia

I really like Final Fantasy X the best i think, i do like 13 and 13-2 but not as much, i have the HD Remaster of X/X2 on my PS Vita so im playing that currently, im stuck on bevelle trials :c

Also i have a huge crush on Yuna XD.
    [​IMG]

2. BornAnew

FFVI, FFVIII, FFX & FFXIII

It's my fav series!! Can't wait for FFXV !!!!!!!!

3. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although I've only played VI and XIII, I'm going to have to go with VI.

Although I just started FFIX, so that could change.

4. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    FFIX is my favourite! Just the best all-round experience, but I do think XIII has the best story of them, just let down but gameplay that I did not enjoy that much. I also love 6-8, 10 and 12 as well.

5. Night Rain

FFIX no doubt. Best OST too.

6. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    FF IX followed by V and VI. I love IX's story and setting, it feels so alive plus it has so many references to the older games.

Currently playing FF X/X-2 HD Remaster for the Vita right now. I haven't always heard the best opinions of the game but I'm really enjoying it. Dryd Ym Prat myhkiyka ec geht uv luhvicehk druikr...

7. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To my credit, even though the only Final Fantasy games I have played are VI and XIII, I do intend on playing IX and the X/X-2 HD pack as soon as I can. Basically, all the single-player (eliminating XI and XIV) numbered Final Fantasy games are on my gaming bucket list.

And I did play Chrono Trigger this summer. So, as a side-discussion, we can debate the question that hardcore SNES RPG players have pondered ever since it was possible: Chrono Trigger vs FFVI for Square's best SNES RPG?

8. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    VI, III, IX, XIII, XII. I love them all, though. (Except II)

9. SimpleTim

SimpleTim Guest

7, 9, 12 are my favorites. I enjoyed the nes, snes ones when I was a bit younger as well.

I really didn't like 13 or 13 part 2.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

VI. I really liked the cast of characters, the extremely depressing tone the game takes midway, and the eventual rebuilding of party members, motives, and spirits, as they try again. The soundtrack is fantastic, even for a SNES game. Locke's story, with the love of his life, is very, very sad. But the music that plays during it, it's just too much.

VII. I like this one, but as I play the others, it gets knocked down a few pegs. While it is a fun game to play, and the characters are likeable enough, it relies too much on nostalgia. The story is fine, when it deals with ShinRa, but some of Sephiroth's motives are questionable. I do like the soundtrack a lot, and much prefer this game's mechanics over VIII's. Cid Highwind is probably my favorite, of the cast.

X. This one begins awesome enough. But after that opening cut scene, and introduction battle, it slows down. I wasn't really feeling the game, until the Blitzball event, which is when Auron shows back up. Auron, alone, was worth playing through for, because he was the most interesting. The battle system is enjoyable, and I enjoy switching characters during it. The soundtrack is great. The story is pretty cliche, but they tell it well. It is always nice to see religious sects vs unconventional minds.

I have heard [mostly] positive things about IX. I haven't seriously played I-V either.

As a whole, Final Fantasy VI. But Chrono Trigger takes it, if we judge by innovation. The ability to, at any time, in a New Game+ run through, to challenge the final boss and get a different ending, made it have a ton of replay value. Just beating the game, at different points in it, giving you another conclusion for the characters and times, is worth doing. Some are happy, some bland, and others leave you with a sense of, they fail.

That all said, Final Fantasy VI has a great cast (Chrono Trigger has decent characters, but there is more of a forgettable-to-not-so ratio there, than in Final Fantasy VI), awesome music (Chrono Trigger has some gems as well, like the Magus battle theme), that midway mind fuck, a simple-enough-to-use battle system, and more level variety. It just, edges out (to me).

I will say this, though. Magus, from Chrono Trigger, is one of my favorite video game characters. But even that can't blindly attach me to the game.

11. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Final Fantasy VI (III US)
    My heart almost breaks when I think about this game, how much I loved the characters and story, everything is so amazing about this game...
    [​IMG]
    edit: Kaiser I spent a lot of money on getting the original (ALL of them) OSTs for this game. Oh my god the music in this game. I don't know how many times I almost wept to that theme from the cave.

12. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it would have to be 6-10 . if i had to really choose one, it would be 10 by the hair, because it's the first one that i played. it had a really great battle system, the most fun side sports to play and made me feel all kinds of emotions haha.

13. 13Iceflowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel like a bit of an oddball with this... My favorite ones are the FFs that seem to cause the greatest schisms. Then again, what FF doesn't divide opinion?

My number one, by virtue of being my childhood game, is Final Fantasy VIII. The story is flawed as hell, the junction system can easily break the game, the main cast is very weak, the romance is haphazardly developed, and there were many questionable design choices. All of that aside, I have a very strong fondness for this game that allows me to pretty much forgive all of its flaws. I love the main cast, especially Rinoa. All of them came across very flat, and pretty much all of them sans Quistis became annoying to bear with, I loved them at the end. Well, except Zell. I never got Zell and I never will. It is also very amusing to blast through Disc 1 via hours of playing Triple Triad and refinements. Also doesn't help that I am a sucker for romances and the scene in the Ragnarok...

My second favorite is X, with XIII-2 as third.

14. TabletopFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My personal favorite is probably FF6, but FFX comes damn close :grin:

Yuna fan as well <3

15. Sitri

Let's look through what I had as my profile pics this year:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I wonder which one could be my favorite?

16. TurtleCat

VI and VII were my favorites. :slight_smile: I just loved the story and characters in those, and they really impacted me as a kid.