1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBox 1

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by looking for me, Aug 26, 2014.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    can anyone let me know of any problems or potential problems with this game system. Im thinking of getting it for my son for Christmas and need to do all the research i can so i can avoid pitfalls with a new system.

thanks

2. Yosia

PS4 is better!!!!!!!! ^.^

3. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There aren’t any mass-failures like the launch of the 360. No three-ring of death. The biggest downside is that there isn’t any games for it yet and games that are coming out are pretty much coming to 360 as well. The graphical jump between the two is nowhere near the jump from original xbox to 360

4. Given To Fly

There was an issuer with faulty disc drives on some of the initial batches. But as far as I am aware that's sorted now. As Cap'n said, there's not too many games available right now, although that may have changed by Christmas.

5. RedFireFly

I don't really know anything about the xBox One, but I have a 360. Everytime I play using a disc, it makes a LOT of noise.
    Not dure if they're gonna fix that, but you should probably check first.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks folks, keep 'em coming. he has a 360 but eventually all the games will be for the 1 so i figured i'd get him in on the ground floor so to speak.

7. SeaSalt

I really like my Xbox One. PS4 is not better, they are pretty much the same!
    I agree that the Xbox One launch didnt have many decent exclusives with it but they are starting to pick up the pace with new launches such as Sunset Overdrive and Fable Legends. Also GTAV Soon, Eeeeeeeek!!!!

8. Yosia

PS4 is yes better!! Project Diva is for playstation only. ^.^

9. SeaSalt

Only PS4 exclusive I want at the moment is Bloodborne.

It isnt better they are both effectively the same system using similar parts from different suppliers. The only real difference is that one uses the colour blue and the other uses green!

If your son has had a 360 and has gotten used to 360 titles such as Halo and Gears of War you are best off sticking to Xbox. The same way I would recomend PS3 owners to get a PS4. That is unless you fancy a change in scenery.

Most importantly dont listen to any of the BS you will find being tossed about in this pathetic rage war. We are all gamers anyway!

10. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    PS4 is superior game console period (graphical-wise). The hardware speaks for its self. But the Xbox One has far superior multi-media support though

11. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't yet have either system (I mostly game on pc), but like the others have said, the PS4 is much better graphically. The PS4's graphics card is roughly 50% more powerful than the XBox One's. I consider that to be a big deal when deciding which console to get, because you're stuck with that hardware for an entire generation. Many XBox One games can't even play at full HD (1080p) because it's graphics processor is too weak.

I'd recommend conferring with your son to determine what he wants, or at least talk to him to determine whether or not better graphics is a high priority for him.

12. Gallatin

Both consoles are great. I don't think anyone would deny that. Each has their pros and cons. To me, the PS4 is the better pure game console, while the Xbox One is the better entertainment machine, so to speak.

I just got an Xbox One this week, and love it so far. For the record, I had both a PS3 and Xbox 360 (and a GameCube and Wii before that!), so I am not a biased Xbox fanboy haha. Truth be told, I was simply waiting for a good deal to roll along to get one of them. The Xbox One happened to have a deal that I really liked, and I went for it.