1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What games will run on HP

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wolfdog0, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Wolfdog0

Wolfdog0 Guest

I know that this notebook I have that is like a netbook is lower end but just wondering what kind of games can this play?

I had this netbook for 5 months and I have a HP 10-e010nr.

Specs:

AMD A4-1200 APU (1 GHz, 1 MB cache, 2 cores)

On-board 2 GB 1066 MHz DDR3L

320GB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection(

AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 graphics with up to 896MB total graphics memory

Windows 8.1 64bit

10.1" diagonal HD11 LED-backlit touch screen (1366 x 768)

I was wondering if you could list games that would run on this notebook.

Will The Sims 2, WoW, RuneScape, Guild Wars 2 and StarCraft 2 run fine on low settings?

Also what other games can I play that are made today that will work?

If only older games will run will Windows XP games run fine on Windows 8.1? Or are there a lot of games today that are undemanding and will run on my HP notebook?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You won't be able to run the latest stuff, but everything you posted there (except maybe GW2) should be fine. I'm betting Runescape might have issues because it's Java based, and that is a RAM hog no matter how low you turn the graphics.

Just check the system requirements of a game before you get it and if it is less than or equal to what you've got, you're good. But I'd definitely check into a new computer if you want to get new games sooner or later.

3. GW2 won't play properly on that. It's a bit demanding of a game and it doesn't help that it's badly optimized.

Older games shouldn't be a problem but be advised that an AMD APU isn't meant for gaming.

#3 lannister_dragon, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014