1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broken controllers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by redneck, Aug 31, 2014.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We've all been there. Stuck on a level or playing a sports game when you get screwed HARD. You get insanely angry and next thing you know your controller is smashing against the wall.

My fists to come to mind is Gran Turismo license tests. If it had a time to beat of 1:30.00 I spent hours running 1:30.01-1:30.05 about the fifth time I failed running 1:30.00 there it went. I'm not sure what happened. I failed then looked up just in time to watch my controller destroy itself on the door.

Don't get me started on the MLB Road to the Show franchise for ps3. It was put out by Sony just for the purpose of selling more controllers. If you are playing a career as a pitcher it will throw a pitch right down the center of the plate when you aimed for a ball in the dirt low and away, or you will need a double play to get out of an inning and the short stop (a gold glove candidate) will just throw one in the dugout because he is bored, or my personal favorite is throwing a pitch on 3-2 that is clearly a strike (it pops up a graphic showing where the pitch went) and the umpire calls ball 4. OMG this has to be the world record holder for causing broken controllers. Batting isn't much better but at least it's pretty easy to hit 65+ homeruns in a season.

So what games have you broken controllers on?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None (controllers are expensive :eek: and I try to keep a lid on my temper), but Jak II is when I came the closest. That game is an exercise in frustration. Although I did have to quit Gran Turismo before I spontaneously combusted XD.

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much every Armored Core up to PlayStation 2 with the exception of AC3. That one was pretty easy for some reason.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

None, PS2 controllers are rare these days.

5. AsheTheHuman

Re: broken controlle

Not really, actually. You can pick them up for <$10 used on Amazon. As for me, I've never completely broken a controller, but I have damage one before. I died in Persona 3: FES and lost like four hours of progress. -_- Dropped the controller on the ground and left it there for a night. Came back and one of the handles were cracked. I've also had third party controllers break on me before, but that's because they were cheaply made, not because I didn't take care of them.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I meant in stores and such, not online.