1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would They Make An Elder Scrolls VI?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twospiritlycan, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Do you think an Elder Scrolls VI would be made?
    Where do you think it should take place?

2. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I kind of don't think they will make one. I mean I wouldn't mind a new one. It's just normally you do a mmo as a capstone to kind of say no more games. My ideal scenario would be for them to make another elder scrolls like game only in a new setting. (Like what they did with fallout.) I am also pondering id Co-Op might be a thing that is worthwhile to explore.

3. Ryujin

They'd make an Elder Scrolls XI if it made them money.

4. AsheTheHuman

They're probably already at least thinking about it. MMO or not, ES is a huge cash cow, and there's so much lore and world to explore. We haven't seen the last of it yet, even if it may take a few years.

5. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

yea

id say maybe the marsh but they seem pretty humancentric so idk

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I hope so. Skyrim was awesome though I definitely feel like there's still room to do more and improve on certain things.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We're up to how many Final Fantasy games now? Just sayin'.

8. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah but hopefully they don't follow Final Fantasy's sequel decay if they decide to go into double digits.

9. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't care either way, since I'm not a fan of Elder Scrolls. Never have and never will be.

10. Princess Danica

If Zenimax and Bethesda are smart, they will make a 6th main game. Then again, if they were smart, they wouldn't have tried to bring a heavily single-player based game into the MMO space, where they've failed miserably to make ESO a sandbox game like the Elder Scrolls is and always should be.

Bethesda always does Fallout and Elder Scrolls separately, they never work on them both at the same time, unless they have another development team do one of them. Fallout 4 has been confirmed, but it hasn't been officially "announced" yet, no date given, etc. So until that game is out and has been out for a while, development on a 6th TES game won't happen.

Once development gets started, I'd say Hammerfell is the best option given its size. Plus the last DLC for Skyrim that got cancelled was supposed to have something to do with the town/city in Hammerfell called Dragonstar, so it would be a good place to pick up where they left off. Also, once work on it gets started, Skyrim took 3 years to make and was pushed out too soon because of the 11.11.11 release date they tried to make. The game is still buggy on consoles after 9 patches. So with that in mind, dev time on a 6th game, no doubt bigger and more detailed, would take 4-5 years, maybe 6 if it was properly polished and tested thoroughly. So yeah, we have a long time to wait. The years 2020-2024 seem like a good window of expectations, if the real world we live in isn't turned to ash from thermonuclear war by then... lol

Of course, it really and truly depends on how ESO is doing 1-2 years from now. From what they showed at Quakecon this year, the game does have some good things coming it's way, but the core of the game is the real problem, being themepark instead of sandbox, and that's what will truly determine the game's life-cycle, is if people are willing to continue to support it and make it get better within its themepark limitations. If not, a 6th main game will be expected. But if ESO somehow starts to thrive, then a 6th TES game may not be 100% certain, as sad as it makes me to acknowledge that as a possibility.

So I hope a 6th main game happens, but it depends on ESO's performance in the near future. If it happens, I say Hammerfell is the location. That's my 2 cents.

11. twosoups

More than likely, yes. There are a large number of "true to heart" who really disliked the idea of an mmo from the beginning. I, however, am kind of on the fence on whether or not I want them to make another one. It seems each Elder Scrolls Title becomes less and less of an rpg, and more and more of an fps.
    The scene would probably not be in Elswyr, Valenwood, or Blackmarsh. This leaves High rock and Sumerset Isle. My reasoning for this is because the technical difficulty in incorporating giant war cats, or mobile tree cities are just one small example of the difficulty in designing these two very alien regions into a game. Blackmarsh likely won't be included because only argonians can survive there.
    With the story line we saw in ES4. It will probably be in the Sumerset Isle.

12. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Elder scrolls is to much of a cash cow for them not to make more as for locations I think it would be cool if the visited a place they had been to before a couple hundred years later.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

To be honest I don't know much about about the extended Elder Scrolls universe having just played Skyrim and just recently started oblivion. I always thought Hammerfell and Elyswer sounded cool though, I'd like to see them in future installments.

14. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Don't think they'll make one. At least not soon.
    Location wise I'd like Elsweyr best, though Hammerfal, the Marsh and Summerset Ilses would be intersting as well.

15. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There was a poll on the wikia page a while ago and the highest voted option was Elsweyr if I remember correctly. But I'm not sure they will make another, as much as I'd like them to.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'd like to be able to visit all the provinces, personally. But, that would require a tremendous amount of... everything.

Hammerfell or Elsweyr are my top choices, mostly because I like the Redguards, and how they were able to kick the Thalmor out of their lands, maintaining their independence, and the Khajiits have, from the sounds of it from in-game books and conversations, an interesting world. Also, I think the Khajiits are awesome.

Black Marsh could be nice, too, but it seems too... bland. That isn't to say that a giant swamp wouldn't be cool, but the sole focus of a single game? No. Maybe if they combined Black Marsh, Elsweyr, and Hammerfell, then it could work.

17. Fruit Topping

I hope so. Skyrim was awesome, i still play it to this day. I would pay out any amount of cash to get it if it came out

18. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly, since they made an MMO and released an Anthology, it's a negative ghostrider.