1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got an apple air laptop yesterday!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sammy1, Sep 9, 2014.

1. sammy1

i new apple air laptop today and i was trying to get sims 4 for it but turns out i can't buy it for mac! how stupid is that! is there a way to somehow download it??? and while I'm here, anyone know any fun games to play on mac?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I can tell, there's no way to play it on Mac (yet). They may release it in the future.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations! There are quite a lot of games for macs. Definitely check the App Store. Sim City is available.

The games I have are: Age of Empires III, Botanicula, Braid, Strata, Portal 2 (via Steam), and Zen Bound 2.

4. kem

kem

I agree that the lack of Mac support is ridiculous. Then again the game has been a series of disappointments anyway...

Sims 3 is compatible with Mac! I've got Bastion, FEZ, Torchlight and Trine 1&2 in my steam library (along with like 26 other titles that I got for real cheap and never got a chance to play) and they are all reeally nice. I love games but I don't really play them much after a few hours — Persona, Sims, Skyrim and Square-Enix are exceptions.

Also, if you desperately need to play Windows-exclusive games on your Mac, you can always dual-boot and install Windows parallel to OS X. My Air could run skyrim at a decent enough rate, albeit at low graphics settings, so I'm guessing Sims 4 wouldn't be a problem.

It's really easy, just acquire a Windows licence and follow the Bootcamp instructions. I would suggest a legitimate version as patching/cracking/whatever is really cumbersome.

5. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ergh Im so Jealous

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might look into running virtual machines on your notebook.

Possibly you might run a windows os and play games there.

This is not a dual boot, it runs as program on the mac os.

#6 jay777, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  7. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Apple devices are kinda semi-rachet. I see them as very fashionable and sleek but in terms of functionality they are quite limited.

8. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah you can do a dual boot with windows using boot-camp though that would require you purchase a windows license which is kindof expensive.

9. This.

10. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

If your going to run windows games then installing windows via bootcamp is really the only viable way for the macbook air. Using software such as parallels won't really cut it as the airs aren't that fast in the first place.

11. ugh I love my macbook air.

I play a lot of games on steam. If you don't have a steam account, you should look into it!
    I have stuff on steam like Portal, Portal II, The Cave, a bunch of other Doublefine games, etc.
    I also play Diablo III on my air and it plays just fine! So that's definitely an option.

12. WannaBeMe

Try Marble Blast it will keep you entertained forever, and I mean like totally forever. Plus it's not super confusing it's just simple and fun.