1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Princess Danica, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Princess Danica

Missed the keynote show but read up about it afterwards and sifted through the live blog... I want that phone so bad but I've never had an iPhone. I've secretly had a desire to get into iPhone for years (pretty much after 4S) but so much peer pressure from just about everyone I know is like IPHONE APPLE SUCKS DROID DROID DROID GOOGLE DROID *continuous rambling* and I'm just like... but lol I waaannt..... lol

Anybody else like the new iPhone?

2. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The new iPhone looks great; I've been using iPhones for years now.

I'm particularly interested in the "phablet" model, the iPhone 6 Plus :slight_smile:

3. mangotree

It doesn't have as many "advancements" as I was hoping for a major release but it still looks good. I'm glad they've gotten away from the square edge look.
    It looks like a lot of the new ideas are old galaxy ideas, but knowing Apple - they'll be more fine-tuned and user-friendly.

I'm more excited about the Apple Watch.

4. Jared

I've had an iPhone 4, iPhone 5 along with a Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. I like iphone better, especially with iOS 8, I've had the beta since June and it's amazing :slight_smile: I like all it works seamlessly with my Mac and my iPad. Android is fun, but pretty much the only stuff I liked better about Android, texting from computer and 3rd party keyboards. And toss in a bigger screen and I'm on cloud nine.

I'm gonna go for the Space Grey 64GB iPhone 6 Plus, I like big screens and the better camera and battery life, mainly the better battery life. I can't wait for Friday

5. Foxface

I still have a 5 so I won't be upgrading for quite a while...I will never leave iphone unless they royally screw me...I've tried droid and all that crap...very blah to me

6. kem

kem

I still have a 5C so I won't upgrade this year (or the next, 2-year contract still paying for it haha). I really like the look, although I preferred 5S' sharp edges, and I'm excited about NFC, increased screen resolution and size and OIS. In a way I'm glad that Apple gave in and segmented their product line. It makes sense to have a couple different editions.

I am of the mind that it's not my business which phones others prefer, and which phones I prefer is nobody else's business. I'm happy to discuss phones, compare them even, but sometimes it feels like people — unfortunately, even those close to me — aren't understanding that my reason to buy Apple is purely preference. What brand of personal electronics I use (and, very soon, wear) has little to no impact on anyone else, so why should their opinions matter?

I am REALLY excited for the apple watch. I know a lot of people are saying that battery life is a deal breaker, but I don't really mind charging overnight as long as I can at least get through the day. This is very new technology, it can't be perfect yet!

7. gaynerd64

As much as I would love an iPhone they are way out of my price range. And I am currently loving Cortana on my Lumia.

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    From what I've seen, it doesn't look that different from the 5S. It definitely looks too big to fit into your pocket.

I have a iPhone4, while it served its purpose, a part of me wishes that I never bought into the hype. When the time comes for me to get a new phone, I'm planning to switch Samsung.

9. Xochipilli

Yes! Really like iPhones. Kind of want the 6 Plus, but I have no idea how I'd carry something that giant around.

10. Princess Danica

I know people who are kind of the same way about Android. They hate iPhone and won't abandon Android unless they have to. Me personally, I WANT to switch. I don't mind my S3, but I've wanted iPhone for a while and I'm done giving in to peer pressure. I'm getting one this time! Lol

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2014 at 08:27 PM ----------

I wish the people I knew were like you. But unfortunately, like you, everyone I know (at least in person) is judgmental about stuff they shouldn't be.

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2014 at 08:28 PM ----------

Cheapest iPhone 6 starts at just $199 with a contract. My Galaxy S3 was $299 I think...

What's your price range?

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2014 at 08:30 PM ----------

Seems like a better phone to me, but I also spent a half hour reading about it lol. Also the regular 6 is the same size as my S3 and it fits in my pocket snugly. And I hope you like Samsung, they're good phones. It's not that I hate my S3, I've just wanted an iPhone for a while and feel like I should finally stand up for what I want instead of giving in to the peer pressure of people I'm surrounded by that Apple and iPhone suck.

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2014 at 08:32 PM ----------

It is large, yes... but that's why they make carrying cases lol. I'm personally getting the regular 6. I want the Plus because it's better with better resolution and stuff and only an extra $100 (which won't seem like much in the long run). But it is a bit too big for me. Regular 6 is same size as my S3, and I'm okay with that.

#10 Princess Danica, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I'm apple all the way haha cx it is taking A LOT of convincing to get my loooovly mother to buy it for me haha cx I have the IPhone 5s right now and it took a lot of convincing to let me KEEP IT!! Because she wanted to trade haha cx and then they come out with this?!?! Had I known I would've given it to her haha!!! Cx

12. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Android is better

13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The evolution of iPhone:

[​IMG]

14. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    128GB ;___________;

if only they weren't so expensive... don't want to spend that much money on a phone and i absolutely refuse to get a contract... >//<

15. lukeluvznicki13

I've tried experimenting before with Apple but I ended up never liking their phones.

If you've loved iPhones for a long time then I'd go for it. I prefer Android and I am sticking to my Samsungs :slight_smile:.

16. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, too expensive and Apple is overhyped.
    The Apple Watch is an innovation they say? Yeah right.
    I'll stick with my S3 running Android 4.3 and as a developer of Android apps that is the way to go for me. :thumbsup: :icon_bigg

17. Mroom

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It looks nice. But I don't really see the need to replace my iphone 5 yet since it's still working well and I don't need a larger screen size.

18. pranbran

I just switched over to an iPhone last year, and honestly, I'm kind of meh about it. I like some of the integration with my Macbook Pro (which I LOVE) and I like having iTunes on my phone that copies over to my computer, but other than that, I haven't been a fan.

I used to have a Samsung phone before this, and I think I may be moving back that way next month, as I'm eligible for an upgrade at that point. I haven't made a final decision yet, though...

19. kem

kem

20. Princess Danica

I'm so thrilled my thread got so much attention lol

Usually ones I start fall flat fairly quick...

So thank you all!