Guild Wars 2 not downloading

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wolfdog0, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Wolfdog0

Wolfdog0 Guest

I did yesterday but a new Toshiba Satellite notebook for $220 and I did update my drivers and Windows 8.1 but for somereason when I try running setup it won’t download the date files. It goes to the login screen but won’t download anything. I tried logging in by putting my e-mail and password but it keeps shows the busy sign and won’t login eather. I can login find on the Guild Wars 2 website though.

What is strange is that when I tried playing this game on a similar system it worked fine. The other notebook also had 2GB of ram but
    had a slower AMD A4-1200 processor with AMD Radeon HD 8180 video card.

Also the other strange thing is that the older model of this Toshiba notebook that had a Intel N2820 processor worked fine on Guild Wars 2 so I don’t know why the newer N2830 won’t work. I wonder if the game is having problems? Will it be fixed soon?

The model of the new notebook I have is C55-B5299

Specs of new PC

Intel Celeron N2830 dual-core 2.41gHz

2GB DDR3 1333mHz can go up to 8GB

5ooGB hard drive

Intel HD Graphics

Windows 8.1 with Bing

2. Wolfdog0

Wolfdog0 Guest

I need to download the GW2.dat file first before I can play since I just did a fresh instill on this game on this new notebook. But when I open the setup file it doesn't download the game files to install on my notebook instead it shows right away the log in screen and I tried logging in but it won't even do that so I can't install the game at all.

3. White Knight

I think bringing that issue to NCSoft costumer support would give you a better solution.

While I am not very fond of the company because of CoH fiasco, their customer support is top notch.

4. It has nothing to do with your pc, they said the client is having issues since the last update

5. Wolfdog0

Wolfdog0 Guest

Oh really?? So not just me is having this problem? I guess I have to wait then.

I haven't even got a chance to instill the game. It only ran setup and did little download to run setup then it got to the login screen and does nothing. So I don't even have any files installed since it won't download the game. Btw I priced matched this notebook with Staples and basically have this notebook for $200.

6. Might be a good thing for now. If you go on the forums they've basically broken the game.