1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Provisioning Profile; iPod 5th gen; Expired.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alex94, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

The "all in one, provisioning profile" on my iPod expired today... What does that even mean? Is it bad? I tried googling this but the stuff I got was vague.

2. FrenchKid98

Provisioning Profiles have to do with developing apps. Have you ever used beta iOS, installed unsupported apps using Safari (like GBA4IOS) or jailbroken or used one of those shady Chinese apps to install apps for free?

3. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I have GBA4IOS because I wanted to be able to play Pokemon... That's bad?

4. FrenchKid98

As far as I know it shouldn't cause any problems. GBA4IOS has been available for quite some time now and the people putting it up for no jailbreak install seem to be trustworthy seeing they didn't do anything bad with their provisioning files.
    The message saying the file is expired is most likely linked with that and is probably because their file expired. If you really wanted to fix it, you could probably delete the expired file and uninstall GBA4IOS and then follow the procedure to reinstall it.

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

The GBA4IOS isn't expired my iPod software or whatever was and it removed on it's own, I am hoping that when IOS 8 is released in two days it will add it back because it won't let me use the store and such as a result.

6. FrenchKid98

If nothing else works, an update should fix it. Although the only sure way is doing a clean update (without restoring backup) but you can try a normal (with backup) update first.
    You say it was your iOS software that was expired so were you using a beta version (iOS 8 beta)?

7. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

No I wasn't, it was whatever software was on the iPod when I bought the iPod from walmart.
    - I tried the update with back up before I had posted this thread.