1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sims 4?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thekillingmoon, Sep 13, 2014.

1. thekillingmoon

I haven't got the game yet myself and I've been hearing a lot of bad reviews. Is it worse getting ? I never played sims 3 much, but I was addicted to sims 2. With new game release I thought it would be a good time to get back into sims. If you have the game, what's your opinion on it so far?

2. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also heard negative comments.. I wait untill the game comes out, and see whether I'll buy it or not.

3. The game is out.

As for the negative reviews, I don't blame them. There's too many objects and features missing. Heck, sims 1 has more. haha! I'd wait before they release the 99999th expansion pack before getting into sims 4.

4. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. I regret getting it now, I should've just waited. It feels like a demo version. :dry:

5. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm waiting til a few expansions comes out. I have never gotten just the base game of any of the other Sims games. I've always waited until there was at least 3 expansions available. So why should I start now?

6. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really upset with it. No toddlers. A fricking messed up build mode. And don't even get me started on the new world system. Grrr.

7. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh boy! I heard people saying "don't like the demo", but they were being derogatory of the game. :eek:

8. Fruit Topping

I got it. All the comments are right, its pretty bad.

9. Let's face it, EA pretty much destroyed The Sims when they took over. I miss the old Maxis days

10. SunshineArcade

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  11. thekillingmoon

Damn, I was looking forward to it. Maybe it will get better with expansion packs.

12. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They should include a crotch slider

13. So true. EA ruins everything. haha

14. kunglaomksm

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, Sims 2 and Sims 3 does enough for me. I'm not paying 60 bucks for a glorified demo.

See, that's also the thing with a lot of new releases. 40's reasonable for a base game. And I think that's what Sims 3 retailed for when it first came out.

But I'm not paying 60 dollars for what's basically a glorified demo with dummied down features. And don't get me started on this DLC crap.

16. Princess Danica

I pre-ordered the game and got in on launch day. I was infuriated at first because of all the bizzare design decisions they made for the game. I really miss the open world Sims 3 had and also Sims 3 seems to have had alot tinier object square spaces so you, for example, could put both a lamp and an alarm clock on a single end table by your bed, but Sims 4 only allows one or the other. Also the game does seem to have some bugs, it kind of hard lags on me for about 5 seconds once in a while, and if I save the game while doing something and reload, I'll find my Sim standing next to what they were doing instead of doing what they were doing, which sucks because ever since Sims 2 I've saved and quit while my Sim was sleeping. If I do that now, when I reload they're standing next to the bed awake lol. Eh, oh well.

The game does have alot of cool new features though and also has a pretty nice user interface. I'm sticking through it and waiting for patches because the game IS fun in its own ways, just not in lots of ways I guess it should be??

17. ffxii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just installed Sims 3 with all the expansion packs. Gets little laggy on my laptop, but it's still playable. I've heard really bad reviews for Sims 4, seems like they give away less and less stuff with each 'vanilla' Sims they make. Guess EA really just cares about taking money from your pocket. :frowning2:

18. Acm

Acm Guest

I was really excited for Sims 4 but after all I've heard about it, I don't really want it anymore. Maybe all the Sims 3 packs will be cheap and I can just stick with those. Or if they make a really cool Sims 4 pack, but probably not. I heard that if Sims 4 doesn't do well they won't continue making Sims games though

19. Sims 1 and 2 are true classics. It started going downhill with Sims 3.

20. ffxii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I kinda hope they'll stop making new Sims games, they can't really change much things in my opinion.

I agree Sims 1, Sims 2 with all the expansion packs and mods community was brilliant. I still have Sims 1 Complete Collection installed, the game has something special that they missed with Sims 3. The graphics are catastrophic to me, they look like dolls, I thought they'd make a little more realistic approach...