1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A blackout caused my computer to crash and now the weirdest things are happening...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaynerd64, Sep 16, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I was sitting at my desk working in the trial version of After Effects when all of the sudden I heard thunder and my computer clicked off. After sitting in the dark for a few minutes the power came back on and I rebooted the computer. The weird thing was that my trial of After Effects had mysteriously expired despite working moments before. And even stranger my computer thinks I have the entire creative suite installed... when I don't.

2. Benway

Benway Guest

Re: A blackout caused my computer to crash and now the weirdest things are happening.

It means a free copy of the Adobe Creative Suite! :eusa_danc

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: A blackout caused my computer to crash and now the weirdest things are happening.

Have you checked the clock of your computer ?
    There usually is a small buffer battery to buffer during a power down. But it may get empty over time. So your clock might show an old date. Which might affect trial programs.

#3 jay777, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Ya, but wouldn't NTP get his date updated correctly pretty shortly?

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

6. WannaBeMe

That is strange, I've never hear of that before. Maybe it's a sign of a new career path. :grin: Makes no sense though. When you think about it your computer basically just hacked adobe for you.