1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone enjoy single player games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twospiritlycan, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Yosia

Sometimes i dont want other people. ^.^

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Always.

I avoid the MMOs that require teams and usually look for a good PvE environment. And, single player games usually have better graphics and storylines, anyway.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. I play Skyrim because I hate other people.

4. White Knight

I enjoy single player games. Lately as I don't make new friends on online games they feels like single player games as well.

In any case usually I play one single player and one MMO.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am being overly general by changing your quote :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but honestly, multiplayer is not king, nor will it ever be. Single player is the way to give the player the most power. Lots of people can be awesome, but it's a shallower kind of game because you can't accommodate for the lives of more and more players to be synchronized for a very long time. Would you want to have to wait on a bunch of schmos every time you wanted to play Skyrim, and then try to get them all to go to the same places?

6. Blossom85

I rather enjoy single player games as well as two player games.. When playing single player ones, it gives you a chance to enhance your skills so you can have a better chance of beating someone else in a two player game.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I never play multiplayer. Just not interested in communication. Most of the games I like are mostly single player anyway.

8. Ainsley

I like MMOs better. However, I'm in and out of TES games and I always do replays of Dragon Age Origins & 2(so excited for Inquisition) and Mass Effect 2. BioWare gives me a boner.

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i am way way too voice shy for most online games, and can "get" into single player games more anyway because i like farting around and getting engaged in surroundings n shite

10. WannaBeMe

I tend to actually lean more towards multiplayer with well known people. Only because I'll go insane otherwise.

11. ChameleonSoul

I'm a fan of anything that reduces/replaces actual human contact!

12. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer games that have both. Single player mode is good for practice and learning the game. The down side? Playing single player mode you figure out the tactics that always work vs the AI. This makes it so that if you see a certain type of enemy, you fall on a standard tactic. Multiplayer gives a better challenge because real people will use tactics that the game designers probably never thought of. Also you never really know what the other player will do. I love the challenge of devising new tactics to counter whatever tactic you are using and then coming up with a new tactic to defeat your new counter tactic. I like it better when I start owning people with a character or weapon that most everyone thinks is useless in multiplayer. Yea, we're playing Fight Night Round 3 and you took the usual Jermaine Taylor and I friggin owned you with Sugar Ray Leonard. What fighting unarmed in Spartacus Legends is suicide? Why did I just own you 17 times in a row with throwing a single drop kick? (most people who fight unarmed just spam these).

Not all multiplayer games require you to have a group to play with regularly. Grab a FPS or a Racing game, go online, and hit quick match.

13. IrrationalNo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Videogames have always been a form of escapism for me. Naturally I gravitate more towards single player experiences because of this. However as of lately I've been playing alot of civilization V multiplayer. I think i'm addicted xD

14. Hel

Hel

I like single player games when I don't want to have any contact with others but still want to play video games. There are days when I can't bring myself to "support" (quite literally) a team. Plus, there is, usually, more story/lore in single player games so it's like enjoying a good movie/book where you can make some choices yourself. So single player games are still quite entertaining to me (even though most of them are not free, that's why I mostly play multi player games nowadays: it's free).

15. Ryujin

I play a lot of single player games but I do also play multiplayer games. I have a few gamer friends offline so we tend to play multiplayer games together and I also play MMOs sometimes.

16. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I love single player games, but MMOs are even better.

17. Nikky DoUrden

I like singleplayer games for the experience and story!
    MMOs r for socializing 0=)

18. JessicaWolfess

I usually don't like playing with other people at all