1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RedDev84, Sep 30, 2014.

1. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anyone played this game? It's by the makers of Sid Meier's Civ games, so if you like them you'll probably like XCOM. Has similarities but it's a entirely different game really so it's not more of the same.

I have played 13 hours since Friday apparently... I shouldn't be admitting that probably. It's great, but highly distressing when your highly levelled characters die!

I've also customised all of mine to Breaking Bad characters, other TV show characters, politicians and football players, so I grow really attached to some of them and wanted to jump out of my window when they died... RIP Gordon Brown... :roflmao:

So who else (if anyone?) has played this? Do you name your soldiers? :slight_smile:

2. Q-Tip

This gammmmme! Is sooo guud!

3. twosoups

Yes. 41 hours on steam. I name my characters when they reach sergeant rank, and yeah I get a little upset when my named characters die. But, when my Sniper Col. Elsa with over 150 confirmed kills bit the dust... I was nearly inconsolable.
    It is a tough game to beat. I remember when on my second play through I reached the last room where the 4 remaining members of my squad all died almost immediately after making contact with the boss.

4. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    I loved the demo... It's definetly on my buy list.

Ghostrobo made a viewer driven RP let's play a while back. All the characters had viewer written diaries reccounting the battles. It's a very fun watch.