1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to double your data

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Webman777, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Webman777

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, well, I don't want this to sound like a spam message or anything, because it isn't. I work for at&t and right now the company is holding a promotion until the end of October where you can double your data for free. So if you're on at&t's network and have their 15Gb mobile share plan or higher, I will have simple directions here on how to double your data for free. Once you move over to the double data promotional plan, you can keep it forever. Here is the structure:

10Gb --> 10Gb
    15Gb --> 30Gb
    20Gb --> 40Gb
    30Gb --> 60Gb
    40Gb --> 80Gb
    50Gb --> 100Gb

I was on the 15Gb plan and I just bumped myself to the 30Gb promotional package. I know a lot of people are on the 10Gb plan and that isn't part of the promotion, but you can move to the 15Gb (which is now 30Gb) for $30 more. Also, there are a lot of people I know who were on the 20Gb plan and have moved down in price to the 15Gb plan (which is now 30Gb) effectively knocking $20 off their bill but still getting 10Gb more data. Anyway, here is how to take advantage of this:

1.) If you are the account holder, login to the myatt app on your phone.
    2.) Scroll down a little bit on the main page and tap on "My plan & services".
    3.) You should see a list of numbers on your account if you have multiple numbers on your account. Select the primary number / account holder's number.
    4.) On the next screen, you should see "My rate plan" at the top. Tap on that.
    5.) You'll now see a summary of the plan you're currently on. Tap "Modify my current plan".
    6.) On this last page, you'll be able to see the promotional plan. If you already have a 15Gb data plan or higher, it will automatically have the promotional doubled data plan ready for you to select on the right side of the page. You can also tap on the + and - to select a different plan. It should break down what the cost will be for each plan at the bottom of the page. However, if you already have a 15Gb plan or higher, the promotion will double your data at no extra cost to you. So if you're paying $130 a month for 15Gb of data, now you can still pay $130 a month but get 30Gb of data.

I hope someone here finds this helpful. Like I said, I don't want this to sound like spam or anything, I simply intend to help people. I mean, who doesn't want more data.

2. Yosia

You guys get so much data. In england the average is like 500MB yet you get GB?! >.<

3. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can't do anything with 500MB! What the heck? :confused: Where I live (somewhere in Europe) I have unlimited phone calls, unlimited SMS and unlimited 4G mobile data for $35/month. I thought that was expensive when I got it... :lol:

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

100GB!!?

Who can manage to use all that?

5. Webman777

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, Gb. You only get about 500Mb!? That translates to about 0.5Gb! I could use that in less than a single day!

The lowest bills I see here for a single person are about $65/mo for unlimited calls, text, and 2.5Gb of data. The average bills here are in the $80 - $150 range for a single person and $150 - $300 range for families.

That one I've only seen business accounts utilize. You can have up to 50 lines on that one.

6. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow! That's an insane amount of money for an unlimited plan. Does it include a phone, at least? For $45/month (24 month contract) you get the newest iPhone/Galaxy/HTC and an unlimited plan here.

Back in the day of dial-up fax modems the US was way cheaper. We didn't even have unlimited plans back then, and always had to pay per minute. I was so jealous of your unlimited plans! :lol:

Edit: I just checked, you don't get the iPhone 6 yet. They only offer the 5C and 5S with those plans.

7. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Verizon & AT&T is the most expensive- though they have the best networks so it makes sense. I know with t-mobile you can get 4 lines for 100 dollars with 12GB of data

8. Webman777

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, we pay a lot of money for our cell plans here... It's like $65/mo with unlimited talk & text plus 2Gb of data without getting a new phone and $80 - 95/mo for the same plan with a new phone (depending on the phone). That's for a single line. For instance, my plan is 30Gb of data and unlimited talk & text with two smartphones and two iPads. I pay $180/mo before taxes. I've already paid off all my phones and iPads though.

Verizon would be the most expensive followed by at&t. However, Verizon and at&t have the largest and fastest networks with at&t slightly ahead currently. Verizon and at&t top each other a lot so it depends on when you look. Sprint and t-maybe have much smaller networks in comparison but are also cheaper. The t-mobile $100 plan for four lines only starts at that rate but then jumps up significantly after like 6 months I think.

9. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holy guacamole! That's before taxes too! You could get a new computer every 5 months for that money. Is it at least 30 GB (it is gigabyte, right? Not gigabit?) of data separately for each device?

10. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Over in NZ, my plan is $19/mo and has unlimited texting to NZ and Australia, 100 minutes of calling to NZ and Australia (carryover, unused minutes get added to the next month, and expire after 12 months) and 500MB 3G data (also carryover, same deal as mins). There is higher plans with more unlimited stuff for upwards of $100 but i can't afford that :lol: that plan in Europe sounds nice though..:slight_smile:

11. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's up with the extremely low limit data plans in some places? :/ You stream some YouTube videos or listen to a few songs on Spotify (with decent quality) and you've used up your 500 MB already. Aside from that, $19/month for your plan isn't bad at all, especially if it's in NZD! :slight_smile:

12. Webman777

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope! It's 30 shared between all the lines...

13. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Verizon has the fastest network though with XLTE and according to Verizon website it also the biggest

14. shinji

shinji Guest

Or... if you live in a some forgotten little country in the middle of nowhere (no AT&T and T-Mobile, etc...), you could just hack your way to the nearest WiFi and presto! Unlimited internet and free facebook/twitter/google/paypal accounts.

I'm sooo gonna get the boot for this...

I was joking! Obviously it is very, very, very wrong to steal paypal accounts!

Mobile networks monopolize everything and you are either forced to sign ridiculous contracts or go without the basics (in this case, mobile internet on a smartphone). Have any of you actually read the contracts they signed when choosing your operators? The clauses about personal information and what your operator can do with said information...?

15. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm one of those crazy people who always read contracts. I like to know how much of my soul I sell whenever I sign up for something, and what they can do with it. :lol: They actually didn't have anything like that in the contract, aside from the part where they log everything and can give law enforcement access to it. They do not have the right to sell the information for example, but even if they did it's nothing worse than what Google does not to even mention Facebook. Just the same thing your ISP does.

16. Webman777

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Verizon has it's XLTE which is a nice improvement over 4G LTE indeed. However, at&t will soon be rolling out with LTE-A which will also be a nice improvement. At&t and Verizon top each other back and forth year after year. One will do something better and then the other does something to top it and back and forth forever. At&t was the largest after we acquired Kricket, but with Verizon's acquisition of Cincinnati Bell Wireless that may change to their favor. At&t will just buy some more smaller companies or invest a couple more billions of dollars into their network to gain the edge again and then Verizon will do the same. It's a never ending cycle. You shouldn't go by Verizon's website for facts like that, and you shouldn't go by at&t's website either. Both will claim things and it's mixed on who has the larger network depending on where you look online and what point in time the study was done.

Yes, this is correct.

17. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

There's plenty of data to be had on UK networks, you get what you pay for. I have a 20gb monthly allowance with EE. You can get unlimited data with one of the other networks here as well.

18. kem

kem

I pay €33–36/mo for a 16GB iPhone 5C, and 3G 4GB@10Mbps, 500 minutes and 500 texts. I find this is more than enough for me, I can listen to Spotify on 320k quality several hours a day and still have enough data left for the occasional software update or even a couple episodes of ani-meh. I have ample amount of calls and sms I never get to use because all my friends prefer whatsapp or facebook messenger.

19. 741852963

I'm on 250MB or 0.25GB a month! :lol: Its not too bad (and very cheap), covers daily browsing, checking email etc - just means I can't risk using apps. Thinking of upgrading to 1GB though which should be plenty for me.

20. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

You underestimate me. I don't have any mobile things, but I'm sure I use a ton of Data on my PC.