1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who in its right mind uses red backround on autocad?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Straight ally, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I was wondering out of curiosity:

Why would anyone choose to use red/magenta/cyan or any other loud color as the backround for autocad. I understand black, white, gray, grayish brown, grayish anything. But the more loud options would probably affect your eyes and your sanity after hours of work on autocad :lol:

2. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To each their ownI guess

3. White Knight

I don't use autocad but might be for noticing details easier? I use bright colors on Freehand for tracing things as they are more easy to notice over dark/b&w scans/pictures.

4. flatlander48

I would hope that their color palette is set up such that it doesn't try to paint something in the same color. That could make for some VERY Strange designs...

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away, there were DEC VT-100's. I would reverse the display to black on green or black on orangey yellow. The usual comments were Ewwwwwwwww...

However, there were studies at the time that indicated doing that was easier on the eyes.

5. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In a decade of drafting / design, I never once saw someone do that. I cannot even imagine how hard that would be to look at properly.