1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destiny

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bolt35, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    anybody here played Destiny yet? if you did, what are your impressions about it?

2. RandomTrall

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Same I'd like to know as well. From the looks of it, it just looks like halo + gears of war + resistance.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Destiny is stunningly gorgeous, but really not that great. It is trying to be too many things and does not fit well with my ideas about the future. I think the game itself was too ambitious, and yet the ideas presented within were not ambitious enough. I have come to strongly dislike games which limit players to a particular class. Why not give us all the stuff and have us arrange our gear and abilities how we like? It's the player's own fault if they make a loadout that is ill-suited to their playstyle.

That and I really can't get into how leveled it is. There is no reason my sniper rifle at level 3 should be weaker than another guy's sniper rifle if he is level 30. "Bullets frickin' hurt" is at the core of nearly all infantry tactics, and when that doesn't work for one reason or another, most if not all relation to real life is lost.

^^Or if my justification isn't good enough, I don't like emptying magazines into enemies and seeing them shrug it off like airsoft BBs just because that's how the game works.

4. Kriskluwe

Kriskluwe Guest

Yerp, and being the diehard gamer I'm not , I remain , shitty and baffled . But....as with anything sparkly or shiny , the graphics are awesome to me since I'm easily distracted by that stuff .

5. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha yea, i think the graphics are pretty spot on, in terms of gameplay it's been going left and right everywhere. i'm enjoying it but it can only go for so long

6. Q-Tip

EH! Its the best 7 outta 10 of all time.