1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems with headphones and Skype

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Pluie, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Pluie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Last time I had a problem with headphones people here were helpful, so hopefully someone can help me again!

I have a bunch of friends I Skype with, but when I'm in a call, all the audio from Skype goes through my headphones, and any other audio goes through my speakers. This means I can't listen to music or anything without my friends hearing it. I've tried playing with my audio settings but I can't find anything that works.

I have an HP Pavilion g6 with Windows 8.1., Skype desktop version 6.20.0.104. My Playback devices section shows:
    "Speakers and Headphones / IDT High Definition Audio CODEC / Default Device"
    "Communications Headphones / IDT High Definition Audio CODEC / Default Communications Device".
    In Skype, my mic is "Internal Mic" and speakers are "Communications Headphones" (I've tried changing it to Speakers and Headphones, that just makes it come out of the speakers even though I have headphones plugged in).

Also, my computer volume controls (F9 and F10) have no effect on Skype, I don't know if there's anything I can do about that? I assume the issues are related.

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Control panel > Sound and Voice > Sound > disable "Let programs take control of this device"