1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Talk Super Smash Brothers!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by bobbert, Oct 14, 2014.

1. bobbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I noticed the chat topic of games. Seeing as though the only game I am obsessively playing right now with my friends is Super Smash Bothers Melee and Project M, I checked to see if there were any recent post about that. And there wasn't. So I thought I would start a new thread. All about one of the great Nintendo games. I am just curious as to what you think of any of the Super Smash Brothers games, who is your main character, comments questions, concerns etc. Have fun.

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2014 at 09:18 PM ----------

Oh and by the way to get things started, I main Marth :icon_bigg

2. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Melee was basically my life in college and my main means of socializing. I played it every day for hours except one day that I lost the disk and I really did panic before I found it. I played Melee competitively and Brawl more casually. F**k tripping. I know there was an unofficial patch to remove tripping, but I was less serious about gaming by then. I'm a high tier whore, so, I mostly played Fox. I used Falco when my hands began hurting because he's much less demanding, and he's got the easiest spike ever. Metaknight for brawl, of course, because of that down smash. You play Marth and so did Ken. I'll never forget the time there was footage of Ken playing with items ON and people couldn't believe it lol. Marth is a very strong character and he was my 3rd most played. His range is boss. Sometimes I also played Mewtwo and Bowser for funnies. Taj and Gimpyfish were good players to study for those. I liked doing a lot of crazy tricks with Mewtwo and saying tires don exits for friendly matches.

3. Candace

Hey, I made a thread like this about a month or two ago :grin:

I used to play Melee practically every single day after school on my Gamecube.

I still play Brawl on my Wii but not as frequently as before. I've only played the original SSB Melee once with a friend at his house.

My favorite character was Princess Peach. I guess that says a lot about me :grin:

4. MrK21

5. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love Brawl, can't wait to get the new one on Wii U. Lucario was my favourite character on Brawl, out of the new characters I'm most excited to try out Greninja.

6. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really feeling it!
    I'm probably going to get the Wii U version.
    Brawl and Melee were pretty good (but Brawl has way better graphics).

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I started to dabble around with Melee again, after a few years. So, there are a few changes to who I play with now. Before, it was usually just Link.

After being invited to play, with a few folks, for the past few nights, my Top 5 are:

- Captain Falcon
    - Samus Aran
    - Falco Lombardi
    - Fox McCloud
    - Link

That said, I've played Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64), Super Smash Bros. Melee (Nintendo GameCube), and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo Wii). I think Melee handles better, but Brawl looks better.

8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I have to say the new one doesn't tickle my fancy much. Aside from Megaman and Shulk none of the new characters really interest me.

9. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm obsessed with Brawl :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I always choose Kirby

10. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Ah, SSB, the fighting game without all that combo crap...

To me Super Smash Bros. pretty much represents the pinnacle of good game design. The controls are created in such a way that it's not too difficult to get a basic understanding of what every basic attack does, and you don't have to be able to mash 15 buttons in two seconds to get good at a character. More diversity than most fighting games, too. Characters actually have fairly unique attacks.

Just about the most fun I've had playing a video game with friends.

11. bobbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am trying to get into Fox now, so I understand the high demand Fox takes to be able to play him. You constantly have to be moving your fingers at top speed to rattle off wave dashes and then put that into an effective combo. Right now with fox i am just have trouble keeping up. Like, I get mad that you have to sometimes wait a split second with Marth to L-cancel some moves or at least for me i have to, like Marth is too slow. Then Fox is just to fast. But I main Marth because, well, I don't remember how i got into Marth. All I know is that if not just (to me) really fluid to play with. When I first started playing seriously for tournaments, I started with Mario. Now I hate going up against a Mario, because he is floaty, falls quickly and hard to edge guard against.

Now if I want to have fun, I just go with Captian Falcon and really fish for the Knee of Justice:icon_bigg

Also, I can't think off the top of my head on people who play Peach and are awesome at it, but I know that she in not to be messed with.

Love the conversation so far.

12. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I'm so relieved that Jigglypuff is in the new one. Many lives were saved when I learned this.

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree that Melee is super easy to learn! I'm grateful for it getting me into fighting games. I could probably still play Fox and keep up, but that's only because my hands have since done overtime on quick 2D fighters. Some might think I'm crazy for spending ages on these games, but it doesn't go to waste. I pick up other fighting games faster and enjoy them more.

I think I was around 15 when I first played melee and trust me, I had no idea how people could move Fox that quickly. It took me a while! I would accidentally end up doing an air dodge. I think I even air dodged off the edge when I was learning edge guarding. Yeah, Fox demands constant attention! I usually got better results with Falco because I felt more confident I'd execute everything perfectly. For example, I find it much easier to abuse Falco's SHL than Fox's double laser.

Captain Falcon double matches are insane fun. The knee of justice? It's his desti-knee!

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Nice PAWNCH Line.

15. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Super Smash Bros. is what got me into video games in the first place, and Melee basically took up my entire life for about five years.

Melee was a masterpiece, and Brawl had its good parts, but I definitely prefer Melee because of its faster pace. Smash 3DS is also pretty good, and I can't wait for the Wii U game.

My mains are:
    -Link
    -Yoshi
    -Ike
    -Samus (and Zero Suit Samus in Smash 3DS)

Also, I love Robin, Palutena, and Rosalina in the new 3DS game. And I'm hoping to see Ridley and Isaac playable in the series at some point.

16. bobbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't mind the new Super Smash Bros, it does seem to be just a bit faster pace then Brawl, don't get me wrong, i have the special edition reserved. However, they reworked the hit stuns and the hit boxes on some spikes and meteor strikes. For instance, my main is Marth and his meteor strike has a lot less hit stun, so people can recover to the stage much easier, infact almost every time. The opponent has to be at like 80-100 percent for it to work the way it does in Melee or PM. It does force me to explore other avenues of KO. So I have decided that in the new one i will try and main Mega Man, because is smash attack cancel other projectiles, and also it would be good to know how to effectively use a ranged character.

17. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually just stole the idea from this video I saw many moons ago.
    The Falcon Punch Song!! - YouTube
    It's a parody of the Pokemon theme song. It's a shame that Brawl Falcon isn't as fun to play as Melee Falcon.

18. VideoGAYmer

VideoGAYmer Guest

I main marth as well!!!!!!!!:eusa_danc
    while i have fox in reserve for those 'i can play your character better than you' moments and if my opponent is really bad i play pichu for the final round.

Marth is OP:thumbsup:

#18 VideoGAYmer, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  19. Jellal

I kinda suck at smash these days because I haven't played in a long time.

I used to be OK with Lucina.

20. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Old school Super Smash Bros, I always went with Link.

These days, mostly Ike. On occasion, I'll go with Lucario, Link, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, or Meta Knight.