1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a cheater ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nikky DoUrden, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Nikky DoUrden

Ahoy mateys!

Have you ever played a game and abused the save-load system ? especially on luck-based games.
    Have you ever looked at walkthroughs and guides to maximize your stats and be god-mode ?
    Maybe even used console for fast teleporting around ? Just a bit ! its tidy to walk all the way ....

I remember playing Baldurs Gate II when I was really young and didnt even know what the internet is, and I enjoyed it very much.
    A year ago or something like that I played it again, this time, I googled on the internet what class should I play because I couldn't chose from the many options, and if I got stuck in a quest I would walkthrough it, and I would walkthrough anyway just to make sure I didnt miss a puzzle or a legendary talking sword.

I wonder if I should stop doing those things and focus more on the game itself rather than beating it :eusa_danc

What you all think ?

2. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    after i beat the game i keep playing it with cheats also i might cheat during the game if things got tough but not cheating like to get to the last level for example in resident evil i might get out of ammo i don't add infinit ammo i just add like 50 rounds so i can at least go around safely without any zombie eating my flesh even if im facing a boss in the game i wouldn't add too much more than the normal that the game give me when i find some

3. shinji

shinji Guest

What is a "cheater"?

Yeah i cheat... i cheated my achievements on Steam, like... how else is one supposed to get 100% completion on a game, seriously?! Who has time for that...

Hacked a "private" WoW server, then decided to try it on official, hey it works! Hello Thunderfury!

Sniffed some stuff on a forum, few years ago, now they hate me... Oh, wait that was off-topic.

Random item duping in Diablo III.

Latency shenanigans in SC2.

Before i install a game, i first look to see if i can find a trainer for it.

Why i hate consoles...

Hey, i mean... if you can do something, then why not do it. I mean, it's the developer's fault for "allowing" you so much freedom. Plus games are boring if you play by the rules!

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

Yes, but not to an extent where there's no point in playing, I only cheat for items etc, not to be invulnerable because there's no point in playing.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Um....it depends really? Like I tend to use walkthroughs if I'm stuck, but I don't hack or use cheat codes to get more items. I think the only time I cheat is through the sims 3's 'motherlode' system, but that's pretty much it.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Save scumming is cheating? Hell I'd never beat Chaos Theory on hard mode if I didn't do that. Who wants to get a crappy death and restart an hour's worth of work?

I like challenge, but not so much challenge that I can't do anything. When it's necessary I'll exploit advantages presented. :wink:

7. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A little bit. I'm no stranger to walkthroughs, I've downloaded plenty of mods in Sim City 4 that make it easier, and it's fun to play games on emulators and save all the time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh definitely :grin:

9. White Knight

Yep. Everytime. :grin:

My favorite genre is RPG because of their stories and character develepoment. So I cheat to get more resources everytime. If game ain't too obvious with it's leads or have brain busting puzzles (Dragon Age Origins brigde one for example) I check walkthroughs.

I used God mode cheats when I started gaming but they harm your experience more than helping as it makes game boring too fast.

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

When I was much younger, I was prone to this.

Nowadays, not really. I might use cheat codes, if I have beaten a game, and want to get some more play time out of it. But really, games nowadays, they're really abandoning the concept of cheat codes. Now, it's only glitches and exploits, or DLC.

I have emulators, and it is nice to be able to save anytime. Sometimes, I can't wait to get to a save point, so it is nice to save on point. Now, do I use an emulator, to save before a major part, and reload it if I fail? Sometimes, but generally only with a game I have beaten before. Most of the time, I just save where the game allows.

Now, walkthroughs. It depends. Some RPGs are notorious for, if you don't get an item at a certain time, it is gone forever. I'm not missing something major, beating the game, and realizing, to get it, I'd have to replay for hours. No. I did that with Final Fantasy X and the damn Al Bhed books. Never again!

11. Blossom85

I don't, however I find my only reason comes down to laziness and I can't be bothered looking up the cheats online lol.

12. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

With the collection I seem to be building thanks to steam sales sometimes cheats or downloading save game files seems a must - otherwise I have games I'd never get through.

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somewhat. I call it planning! I buy strategy guides because I want to know where to find all the awesome weapons and plan my character builds. I must die at least several times before I read a walkthrough. It feels as if I've failed terribly when I do that.

I loved the flying cars cheat code and the ability to summon a rhino tank, in a Grand Theft Auto game. That's one of the few times I've found cheats fun. I tried to enjoy some PS1 games, with infinite health, but it felt boring. You don't use all your techniques. You rush through it and the game becomes a mere task to complete. And you're easy prey when you turn the cheats off.

The replay would suck if my Total War army was godlike. I wouldn't learn anything new from watching it and I couldn't show it off. Hell, I even love the frustration of fighting bosses such as Aquapazza score attack Chizuru. I'm kind of a masochistic gamer. I'll keep trying something until I've gained bragging rights.

Sometimes I play a game through again on easy and screw around. I'll use glitches, if they aren't too game-breaking. It's part of the game, unless it's fixed in an update. I've never hacked a game. I guess everyone enjoys video games in their own way! I don't really understand hackers, but I don't see the problem with it, unless they're using it against other players. Anyway, I've seen some cool custom ultra difficult levels on YouTube. I might be tempted to try something like that.

14. MrK21

I use action replay for things like using Shy Guy in Mario Kart DS, but not for major things.

15. RainDreamer

If it helps me enjoy the experience, yes. Most of the time the only reason I cheat is because the game is design poorly with multiple enjoyment-denial-gate that require you to do very unenjoyable things in order to get to somewhere more fun such as grind quests. Great game has much better flow and doesn't require cheating to feel fun, no matter how hard. Darksouls series is a good example.

I would never cheat in multiplayer game, however, because it is not my place to deny other's enjoyment for my own .Unless everyone is doing the same and it become a chaotic mess of fun, of course.

16. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Grand thef auto san andreas: flying cars Ftw... Not only i could arrive to places faster, but also i earned tons of money when i landed because the game considered it a stunt of great height

---------- Post added 21st Oct 2014 at 05:23 AM ----------

Also the whole recruiting anyone and that everytime i recruited a person, that person was instantly granted a bazooka... Nothing better than 6 oldladies with bazookas protecting me :lol:

17. DinelodiiGitli

I've used plenty of walkthroughs in my time but as far as in game hacks/cheats go I usually only use those if I'm replaying the game. I like to see all the little hidden things that the game might have. :slight_smile:

18. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Single player games? Sure I'll save abuse/cheat all the time; but not usually until I've beaten it. As far as multiplayer? Heck no, other then maybe cheating a MMORPG, I see no point in it. Also find it grimy as hell.

19. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmmm....

IDKFA
    IDDQD

Menu.. up down up down left right left right....

20. Pipihpipih

Pipihpipih Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. If there's a code to cheat or hack the game I will do it.